Human Joint Motion Recognition Using Ultrasound Pulse Echo Based on Test Feature Classifier
Yoichiro Tsutsui*, Takayuki Tanaka**, Shun'ichi Kaneko**, Yukinobu Sakata***, and Maria Q. Feng****
*Morita Corporation, 5-5-20 Shoji-Higashi, Ikuno-ku, Osaka 544-0003, Japan
**Hokkaido University, Kita 14 Nishi 9, Kita-ku, Sapporo, Japan
***Toshiba Corporation, 1, Komukai-Tpshiba-cho, Saiwai-ku, Kawasaki, Kanagawa 212-8582, Japan
****University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA, USA
-  Y. Tsutsui, Y. Sakata, T. Tanaka, S. Kaneko, and M. Q. Feng, “Human Joint Movement Recognition by Using Ultrasound Echo Based on Test Feature Classifier,” Proc. of the IEEE SENSORS 2007, pp. 1205-1208 (CDROM), Oct. 2007.
-  T. Tanaka, R. Yamaguchi, S. Hori, S. Moromugi, and M. Q. Feng, “Ultrasonic Sensor Disk for Detecting Muscular Force,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Workshop on Robot-Human Interaction 2003, pp. 291-295, Nov. 2003.
-  Y. Tsutsui, T. Tanaka, S. Kaneko, and M. Q. Feng, “Duplex Ultrasonic Muscle Activity Sensor,” Proc. of the IEEE SENSORS 2005, pp. 310-313 (CDROM), Nov. 2005.
-  Y. Tsutsui, T. Tanaka, S. Kaneko, and M. Q. Feng, “Joint torque and Angle Estimation by Using Ultrasound Transmitted through Human Muscle,” J. of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.73, No.9, pp. 1062-1067, Nov. 2007 (In Japanese).
-  Y. Tsutsui, K. Hayase, T. Tanaka, S. Kaneko, and M. Q. Feng, “Simultaneous Estimation of torque and Angle of Human Elbow Joint by Using Ultrasound Echo,” J. of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.73, No.11, pp. 1273-1278, Nov. 2007 (In Japanese).
-  E. A. Clancy and N. Hogan, “Estimation of Joint Torque from the Surface EMG,” Proc. of the Annual Int. Conf. of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, Vol.13, No.2, pp. 877-878, Nov. 1991.
-  O. C. J. Lippold, “The Relation Between Integrated Action Potentials in a Human Muscle and Its Isometric Tension,” J. Physiol., Vol.117, No.4, pp. 492-499, Aug. 1952.
-  B. Bigland and O.C.J.Lippold, “The Relation between Force, Velocity and Integrated Electrical Activity in Human Muscle,” J. Physiol., Vol.123, No.1, pp. 214-224, 1954.
-  O. Fukuda, T. Tsuji, M. Kaneko, and A. Otsuka, “A Human-Assisting Manipulator Teleoperated by EMG signals and Arm Motions,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.19, No.2, pp. 210-222, 2003.
-  K. Kiguchi, S.Kariya, K. Watanabe, and T. Fukuda, “An Exoskeletal Robot for Human Elbow Motion Support -Sensor Fusion, Adaptation, and Control,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Vol.B 31, No.3, pp. 353-361, Jun. 2001.
-  K. Akataki, K. Mita, M. Watakabe, and K. Itoh, “Mechanomyogram and force relationship during voluntary isometric ramp contractions of the biceps brachii muscle,” Eur. J. Appl. Physiol., Vol.84, No.1-2, pp. 19-25, 2001.
-  S. Moromugi, Y. Koujina, S. Ariki, A. Okamoto, T. Tanaka, M. Q. Feng, and T. Ishimatsu, “Muscle Stiffness Sensor to Control Assisting Device for Disabled,” Proc. of The Eighth Int. Symp. on Artificial Life and Robotics (AROB8th '03), pp. 459-462, Jan. 2003.
-  Y. Tamura and I. Hatta, “Changes in muscle stiffness during contraction recorded using ultrasonic waves,” Nature, Vol.299, No.14, pp. 631-633, Oct. 1982.
-  Y. Sakata, S. Kaneko, Y. Takagi, and H. Okuda, “Successive pattern classification based on test feature classifier and its application to defect image classification,” Pattern Recognition, Vol.38, No.11, pp. 1847-1856, Nov. 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2009 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.