An Emotional Model Based on Location-Dependent Memory for Partner Robots
Naoyuki Kubota and Shiho Wakisaka
Tokyo Metropolitan University
6-6 Asahigaoka, Hino, Tokyo 191-0065, Japan
-  D. Sperber and D. Wilson, “Relevance - Communication and Cognition,” Blackwell Publishing Ltd., 1995.
-  R. R. Cornelius, “The Science of Emotion: Research and Tradition in the Psychology of Emotion,” Prentice Hall College Div, pp. 149-184, 1995.
-  R. Buck, “The Communication of Emotion,” Guilford Press, 1988.
-  D. Keltner and J. Haidt, “Social functions of emotions,” In J. Mayne & G.A.Bonann (Eds.), Emotion and Adaptation, Oxford:Oxford University Press, 2001.
-  D. Keltner and A. M. Kring, “Emotion, Social Function, and Psychopathology,” Review of General Psychology Copyright 1998 by the Educational Publishing Foundation, Vol.2, No.3, pp. 320-342, 1998.
-  M. Ridley, “The Origins of Virtue,” Oxford:Felicity Bryan, 1996.
-  M. W. Eysenck, “Psychology: An Integrated Approach,” Harlow, Essex, Longman, 1998.
-  L. Cosmides and J. Tooby, “Evolutionary psychology and the emotions,” In M. Lewis & J. M. Haviland-Jones (Eds.), “Handbook of Emotions,” pp. 91-115, New York:Guilford, 2000.
-  The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language: Fourth Edition, 2000.
-  M. S. El-Nasr and M. Skubic, “A Fuzzy Emotional Agent for Decision-Making in A Mobile Robot,” Proc. of the 1998 Int. Conf. on Fuzzy Systems, Anchorage, Alaska, pp. 135-140, 1998.
-  K. Wada, T. Shibata, T. Saito, and K. Tanie, “Psychological and Social Effects of One Year Robot Assisted Activity on Elderly People at a Health Service Facility for the Aged,” Proc. (CD-ROM) of 2005 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2796-2801, 2005.
-  C. Bartneck and J. Reichenbach, “Subtle emotional expressions of synthetic characters,” The Int. Journal of Human-Computer Studies, No.62, pp. 179-192, 2005.
-  C. Gershenson, “Modelling Emotions with Multidimensional Logic,” In Proc. of 18th Int. Conf. of the North American Fuzzy Information Processing Society, New York City, pp. 42-46, 1999.
-  J. A. Russell, “A circumplex model of affect,” Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol.39, pp. 1161-1178, 1980.
-  M. M. Ponty, “Phenomenology of Perception,” Trans. Colin Smith, New York: Humanities Press, 1962.
-  N. Kubota, Y. Nojima, N. Baba, F. Kojima, and T. Fukuda, “Evolving Pet Robot with Emotional Model,” Proc. of the 2000 Congress on Evolutionary Computation, La Jolla, CA, pp. 1231-1237, 2000.
-  N. Kubota, J. Pei, and Y. Mori, “An Emotional Model for Natural Communication of A Partner Robot,” Proc. of the 8th Int. Symposium on advanced Intelligent System, No.TA03-1, pp. 153-159, 2007.
-  N. Kubota, T. Shimizu, and M. Abe, “Joint Attention of A Partner Robot Based on Computational Intelligence,” Proc.(CD-ROM) of 2nd Int. Symposium on Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics (ISCIII 05), pp. 196-201, 2005.
-  N. Kubota and Y. Urushizaki, “Communication Interface for uman-Robot Partnership,” Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.16, No.5, pp. 526-534, 2004.
-  N. Kubota, M. Satomi, K. Taniguchi, and Y. Nogawa, “Human Three-Dimensional Modeling based on Intelligent Sensor Fusion for A Tele-operated Mobile Robot,” Proc (CD-ROM) of 11th Int. Conf., Knowledge-Based Intelligent Information and Engineering Systems, pp. 98-113, Vietri sul Mare, Italy, 2007.
-  R. S. Sutton, “Learning to Predict by the Methods of Temporal Differences, Machine Learning,” Vol.3, pp. 9-44, 1988.
-  R. S. Sutton and A. G. Barto, “Reinforcement Learning,“ The MIT Press, 1998.
-  W. Gerstner, Spiking Neurons, In W. Maass, and C. M. Bishop, editors, Pulsed Neural Networks, chapter 1, MIT Press, pp. 3-53, 1999.
-  W. Gerstner and W. M. Kistler, “Spiking Neuron Models,” Cambridge University Press, 2002.
-  S. H. Snyder, “Neuroleptic Drugs and Neurotransmitter Receptors.,” Journal of Clinical and Experimental Psychiatry, No.133, pp. 21-31, 1978.
-  W. Senn, H. Markram, and M. Tsodyks, “An Algorithm for Modifying Neurotransmitter Release Probability Based on Pre- and Post-synaptic Spike Timing,” Neural Computation Vol.13, No.1, pp. 35-68, 2001.
-  G. J. Klir and B. Yaun (Eds.), “Fuzzy Sets, Fuzzy Logic, and Fuzzy Systems,” World Scientific Publishing, 1996.
-  J. S. Jang, C. T. Sun, and E. Mizutani, “Neuro-Fuzzy and Soft Computing,” Prentice-Hall, Inc., 1997.
-  T. Fukuda and N. Kubota, “An Intelligent Robotic System Based on a Fuzzy Approach,” Proc. of IEEE, 87(9), pp. 1448-1470, 1999.
-  N. Kubota, “Intelligent Structured Learning for A Robot Based on Perceiving-Acting Cycle,” Proc. of the Twelfth Yale Workshop on Adaptive and Learning Systems, pp. 199-206, 2003.
-  N. Kubota and K. Nishida, “Fuzzy Computing for Communication of A Partner Robot Based on Imitation,” Proc. (CD-ROM) of 2005 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 4391-4396, 2005.
-  N. Kubota and K. Nishida, “Human Recognition of A Partner Robot Based on Relevance Theory and Neuro-Fuzzy Computing,” Proc. (CD-ROM) of 2005 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 2812-2817, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, August 2-6, 2005.
-  N. Kubota and K. Nishida, “Development of Internal Models for Communication of A Partner Robot Based on Computational Intelligence,” Proc. Of 6th Int. Symposium on Advanced Intelligent Systems, pp. 577-582, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2009 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.