Parameter Setting Method for Sit-Stand Assist System Based on Human Model
Yasuhisa Hirata*, Jun'ichi Higuchi*, Takuro Hatsukari*, **, and Kazuhiro Kosuge*
*Department of Bioengineering and Robotics, Tohoku University
6-6-01 Aoba, Aramaki, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-85779, Japan
**Research and Development Div., Paramount Bed Co., Ltd.
2-14-5 Higashisuna, Koutou, Tokyo 136-8670, Japan
The simple sit-stand support we have designed consists of a handrail and height-adjustable electric bed for assisting the user to stand from sitting on the bed. The human-model-based evaluation indexes for sit-stand movement enabled us to set support parameters such as handrail position, bed height, and foot positioning stabilizing the user and reducing the user’s muscle burden. Support system parameters take into account the user’s physical dimensions and disabilities, as verified in experiments.
-  H. Kazerooni, “Human/robot interaction via the transfer of power and information signals, Part I. Dynamics and control analysis,” Proc. of the 1989 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1632-1640, 1989.
-  Y. Hirata and K. Kosuge, “Distributed Robot Helpers Handling a Single Object in Cooperation with a Human,” Proc. of the 2000 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 458-463, 2000.
-  Y. Yamada, H. Konosu, T. Morizono, and Y. Umetani, “Proposal of Skill-Assist: A System of Assisting Human Workers by Reflecting Their Skills in Positioning Tasks,” Proc. of the 1999 IEEE Int. Conf. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Vol.4, pp. 11-16, 1999.
-  H. Yabushita, Y. Hirata, K. Kosuge, and Z. Wang, “Environment-Adaptive Control Algorithm of Power Assisted Cycle,” Proc. of the 29th Annual Conf. of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, Vol. 2, pp. 1962-1967, 2003.
-  J.M. H. Wandosell and B. Graf, “Non-Holonomic Navigation system of a Walking-Aid Robot,” Proc. of ROMAN2002, pp. 518-523, 2002.
-  A. M. Sabatini, V. Genovese, and E. Pacchierotti, “A Mobility Aid for Support to Walking and Object Transportation of People with Motor Impairments,” Proc. of the 2002 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 1349-1354, 2002.
-  Y. Kaneshige, M. Nihei, and M. G. Fujie, “Development of New Mobility Assistive Robot for Elderly People with Body Functional Control –Estimating walking speed from floor reaction on treadmill–,” Proc. of the IEEE/RAS-EMBS, p. 79, 2006.
-  S. Dubowsky, F. Genot, S. Godding, H. Kozono, A. Skwersky, H. Yu, and L. P. Yu, “PAMM - A Robotic Aid to the Elderly for Mobility Assistance and Monitoring: A “Helping-Hand” for the Elderly,” Proc. of the 2000 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, Sam Fransisco, CA, pp. 22-28, 2000.
-  H. Kawamoto, S. Kanbe, and Y. Sankai, “Power Assist Method for HAL-3 Estimating Operator's Intention Based on Motion Information,” Proc. of the 12th Int. Workshop on Robot and Human Interactive Communication, RO-MAN2003, 2A2, 2002.
-  T. Nakamura and K. Kosuge, “Model-based Walking Support System with Wearable Walking Helper,” RO-MAN 2003, 12th IEEE Workshop on Robot and Human Interactive Communication, 2A1, 2003.
-  K. Nagai, I. Nakanishi, and H. Hanafusa, “Assistance of Self-Transfer of Patients Using a Power-Assisting Device,” Proc. of the 2003 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 4008-4015, 2003.
-  K. Nagai, H. Hanafusa, Y. Takahashi, H. Bunki, I. Nakanishi, T. Yoshinaga, and T. Ehara, “Development of a Power Assistive Device for Self-Supported Transfer Motion,” Proc. of 2002 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 1433-1438, 2002.
-  D. Chugo, K. Kawabata, H. Okamoto, H. Kaetsu, H. Asama, N. Miyake, and K. Kosuge, “Force Assistance System for Standing-Up Motion,” Industrial Robot, Vol.34, No.2, pp. 128-134, 2007.
-  J. Kohara, et al, “Measure Human Body Design Material of Measurement Value,” Japan Publication Service (in Japanese).
-  M. Ae, H. Tang, and T. Yokoi, “Estimation of Inertia Properties of the Body Segments in Japanese Athletes,” Biomechanism 11, pp.23-33, 1992 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Copyright© 2009 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.