On-Chip Droplet Dispensing by a Magnetically Driven Microtool
Yoko Yamanishi, Yuki Kihara, Shinya Sakuma, and Fumihito Arai
Department of Bioengineering and Robotics, Tohoku University, 6-6-01 Aramaki-Aza-Aoba, Aoba-ku, Sendai, Miyagi 980-8579, Japan
-  M. Seo, C. Paquet, Z. Nie, S. Xu, and E. Kumacheva, “Microfluidic consecutive flow-focusing droplet generators,” Lab on a chip, Vol.3, pp. 986-992, 2007.
-  S.-Y. Teh, R. Lin, L.-H. Hung, and A. P. Lee, “Droplet microfluidics,”Lab on a chip, Vol.8, pp. 198-220, 2008.
-  T. Nisisako, T. Torii, and T. Higuchi, “Novel microreactors for functional polymer beads,”Chemical Engineering Journal, Vol.101, pp. 23-29, 2004.
-  Q. Lu, Z. Weng, G. Shan, G. Lai, and Z. Pan, “Effect of Acrylonitrile Water Solubility on the Suspension Copolymerization of Acrylonitrile and Styrene,”Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Vol.101, pp. 4270-4274, 2006.
-  P. Garstecki, H. A. Stone, and G. M. Whiteside, “Mechanism for Flow-Rate Controlled Breakup in Confined Geometries: A Route to Monodisperse Emulsions,”Physical Review Letter, Vol.94, No.164501, 2005.
-  D. R. Link, S. L. Anna, D. A. Weitz, and H. A. Stone, “Geometrically Meditated Breakup of Drops in Microfluidic Devices,”Physical Review Letter, Vol.92, No.054503, 2004.
-  I. Kobayashi, K. Uemura, and M. Nakajima, “Controlled Generation of Mono-disperse Discoid Droplets Using Microchannel Arrays,”Langmuir, 22, 10893-10897, 2006.
-  C.-H. Lee, S.-K. Hsiung, and G.-B. Lee, “An Active Flow Focusing Microfluidic Chip Utilizing Controllable Moving Walls for the Formation of Microdroplets in Liquid,”Proc. of the 2nd IEEE Int. Conf. on Nano/Micro Engineering and Molecular systems, pp. 167-171, 2007.
-  C.-W. Lai, Y.-H. Lin, and C.-B. Lee, “A microfluidic chip for formation and collection of emulsion droplets utilizing active pneumatic micro-choppers and micro-switches,”Biomedical Microdevices, 10, pp. 749-756, 2008.
-  Y. C. Tan and A. P. Lee, “Microfluidic separation of satellite droplets as the basis of a monodispersed micron and submicron emulsification system,”Lab on a Chip, 5, No.10, pp. 1178-1183, 2005.
-  Y. Yamanishi, Y. C. Lin, and F. Arai, “Magnetically Modified PDMS Devices for Active Microfluidic Control,”μ-TAS2007, pp. 883-885, 2007.
-  Y. Yamanishi, S. Sakuma, and F. Arai, “Magnetically Modified Soft Micro Actuator for Oocyte Manipulation,”IEEE Int. Symposium on Micromechatronics and Human Science (MHS), pp. 442-447, 2007.
-  Y. Yamanishi, Y. C. Lin, and F. Arai, “Magnetically modified PDMD microtools for micro particle manipulation,”Proc. of the 2007 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robotics and Systems, pp. 753-758, 2007.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2009 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.