Identification of Contact Conditions from Contact Force and Moment - Experimental Verification in Effective Sensing Strategy -
Takayoshi Yamada*1, Tetsuya Mouri*1, Akira Tanaka*2,
Nobuharu Mimura*3, and Yasuyuki Funahashi*4
*1Gifu University, 1-1, Yanagido, Gifu 501-1193, Japan
*2Nagoya Institute of Technology, Gokiso-cho, Showa, Nagoya, Aiti 466-8555, Japan
*3Niigata University, 8050 Ikarashi 2-nocho, Nishi-ku, Niigata-shi, Niigata 950-2181, Japan
*4Chukyo University, Kaizu-cho, Toyota, Aichi 470-0393, Japan
-  J. D. Shutter, H. Bruyninckx, S. Durte, J. D. Geeter, J. Kaptupritiya, S. Demey, and T. Lefebvre, “Estimating First-Order Geometric Parameters and Monitoring Contact Transitions during Force-Controlled Compliant Motion,” The Int. Journal of Robotics Research, Vol.18, No.12, pp. 1161-1184, 1999.
-  W. Meeussen, J. Rutgeerts, K. Gadeyne, H. Bruyninckx, and J. D. Schutter, “Contact State Segmentation Using Particle Filters for Programming by Human Demonstration in Compliant Motion Tasks,” IEEE Trans. on R., Vol.23, No.2, 2007.
-  P. Slaets, T. Lefebvre, J. Rutgeers, H. Bruyninckx, and J. D. Schutter, “Incremental Building of a Polyhedral Feature Model for Programming by Human Demonstration of Force-Controlled Tasks,” IEEE Trans. on R., Vol.23, No.1, pp. 20-32, 2007.
-  K. Kitagaki, “Groping Motion and Manipulation,” Journal of the RSJ, Vol.11, No.8, pp. 1138-1142, 1993.
-  M. Ishikawa, “Active Sensing and Robot Hand,” Journal of the RSJ, Vol.11, No.7, pp. 6-10, 1993.
-  J. K. Salisbury, “Interpretation of Contact Geometries from Force Measurements,” Proc. of 1st Int. Symp. Robotics Research, pp. 565-577, 1983.
-  T. Tsujimura and T. Yabuta, “Object Detection by Tactile Sensing Method Employing Force / Torque Information,” IEEE Trans. on R. and A., Vol.5, No.4, pp. 444-450, 1989.
-  X. Zhou, Q. Shi, and Z. Li, “Contact Localization using Force/Torque Measurements,” Proc. of the IEEE ICRA, Vol.2, pp. 1339-1344, 1996.
-  A. Bicchi, “Intrinsic Contact Sensing for Soft Fingers,” Proc of the IEEE ICRA, Vol.2, pp. 968-973, 1990.
-  K. Murakami and T. Hasegawa, “Novel Fingertip Equipped with Soft Skin and Hard Nail for Dexterous Multi-fingered Robotic Manipulation,” Proc. of the IEEE ICRA, pp. 708-713, 2003.
-  K. Murakami and T. Hasegawa, “Tactile Sensing of Edge Direction of an Object using a Robotic Fingertip with Soft Skin,” Journal of the RSJ, Vol.24, No.2, pp. 240-247, 2006.
-  K. Kitagaki, T. Ogasawara, and T. Suehiro, “Contact State Detection by Force Sensing for Assembly Tasks,” Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Multisensor Fusion and Integration for Intelligent Systems, pp. 366-370, 1994.
-  N. Mimura and Y. Funahashi, “Parameter Identification of Contact Conditions by Active Force Sensing,” Trans. of the JSME, Series C, Vol.60, No.579, pp. 3816-3821, 1994.
-  N. Mimura, Y. Funahashi, and T. Mouri, “An Algorithm for Identification of Contact Conditions,” Trans. of the JSME, Series C, Vol.63, No.610, 1997.
-  T. Mouri, T. Yamada, N. Mimura, and Y. Funahashi, “Identification of Contact Conditions from Contaminated Data of Contact Moment,” Trans. of the JSME, Series C, Vol.66, No.648, 2000.
-  M. T. Mason and J. K. Salisbury, “Robot Hands and the Mechanics of Manipulation,” MITpress, 1985.
-  T. Yamada, T. Mouri, K. Shimosaka, N. Mimura, and Y. Funahashi, “Identification of Contact Conditions from Contact Force and Moment -Uncertainty of Estimates of Contact Conditions-,” Proc. of the JSME Robomec2008, 1A1-H09, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2009 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.