Hybrid Impedance Control of Massage Considering Dynamic Interaction of Human and Robot Collaboration Systems
Kazuhiko Terashima*, Takanori Miyoshi*, Keisuke Mouri*,
Hideo Kitagawa**, and Panya Minyong***
*Department of Production Systems Engineering, Toyohashi University of Technology, 1-1 Hibarigaoka, Tempaku-cho, Toyohashi, Aichi 441-8580, Japan
**Department of Electronic Control Engineering, Gifu National College of Technology, 2236-2 Kamimakuwa, Motosu-city, Gifu 501-0495, Japan
***Department of Mechatronics Engineering, Pathumwan Institute of Technology, 833 Rama 1 Rd., Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
-  K. Nagai and Yoshikawa, “Dynamic Manipulation / Grasping Control of Multifingered Robot Hand,” Trans. of Measurement and Control Engineering, Vol.30, No.1, pp. 39-47, 1994 (in Japanese).
-  E. Paljug, X. Yun, and V. Kumar, “Control of Rolling Contacts in Multi-arm Manipulation,” IEEE Trans. On Robotics and Automation, Vol.10, No.4, pp. 441-452, 1994.
-  W. S. Howard and V. Kumar, “On the Stability of Grasped Objects,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.121, No.6, pp. 904-917, 1999.
-  H. Kitagawa, T. Terai, M. Panya, and K. Terashima, “Application of Neural Network for the Teaching of Massage to a Multi-fingered Robot Hand,” Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.14, No.2, pp. 534-541, 2002.
-  P. Minyong, T. Miyoshi, H. Kitagawa, and K. Terashima, “Expert Massage Motion Control by Multi-fingered Robot Hand,” Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robotics and Systems (IROS2003), LasVegas, USA, Oct. 2003, pp. 3035-3040.
-  K. Terashima, H. Kitagawa, T. Miyoshi, P. Minyong, and T. Kondo, “Modeling and massage control of human skin muscle by using multi-fingered robot hand,” Integrated Computer-Aided Engineering, Vol.13, No.3, pp. 233-248, 2006.
-  For example:
-  D. L. Braven and R. A. Schulman, “Massage Techniques in Rehabilitation Medicine,” Complementary Therapies in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Vol.10, No.3, pp. 631-649, 1999.
-  A. Carreck, “The Effects of Massage on Pain Perception Threshold,” Manipulation Therapy, Vol.26, pp. 10-16, 1994.
-  H. L. Kanements, “History of Massage,” in J. V. Basmajian (Ed.), “Manipulation, Traction and Massage,” Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore, pp. 211-255, 1985.
-  T. Kimura, “Outline to Massage,” Physical Therapy, Vol.19, No.3, pp. 381-387, 2003 (in Japanese).
-  N. Kotani, T. Matsuoka, T. Hirayama, and H. Kondo, “Effect of Material Properties of Massage Chair Arm on Massage Comfort,” Proc. of the Welfare Engineering Symposium 2005, pp. 191-194, 2005.
-  K. Malkin, “Use of Massage in Clinical Practice,” Br. Journal of Nursery, Vol.3, No.6, pp. 292-294, 1994.
-  R. Melzack and P. A. Wall, “Pain Mechanism, A new Theory,” Science, Vol.150, pp. 945-949, 1965.
-  G. Westland, “Massage as a Therapeutic Tool,” Br. J. Occup. Ther., pp. 129-134, 1993.
-  R. Kiruuwe and T. Yoshikawa, “Robot Perception of Impedance,” Journal of Japan Robotics Engineering, Vol.21, No.1, pp. 103-108, 2003.
-  K. Mouri, K. Terashima, P. Minyong, H. Kitagawa, and T. Miyoshi, “Identification and Hybrid Impedance Control of Human Skin Muscle by Multi-fingered Robot Hand,” Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robotics and Systems (IROS2007), SanDiego, USA, pp. 2895-2900, 2007.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2009 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.