Quantitative Evaluation of Automatic Parts Delivery in “Attentive Workbench” Supporting Workers in Cell Production
Masao Sugi*, Ippei Matsumura**, Yusuke Tamura*,
Makoto Nikaido*, Jun Ota*, Tamio Arai*, Kiyoshi Kotani*,
Kiyoshi Takamasu*, Hiromasa Suzuki*, Akio Yamamoto*,
Yoichi Sato*, Seiichi Shin***, and Fumihiko Kimura*
*The University of Tokyo
***The University of Electro-Communications
-  S. Seki, “One by One Production in the ‘Digital Yatai’ – Practical Use of 3D-CAD Data in the Fabrication –,” Journal of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineering, Vol.106, No.1013, pp. 32-36, 2003 (in Japanese).
-  G. Vasilash, “Cell for Assembly,” Automotive Manufacturing & Production, June 1999.
-  R. M. Barnes, “Motion and Time Study: Design and Measurement of Work,” John Wiley & Sons, 7th edition, 1980.
-  C. Reinhart and C. Patron, “Integrating Augmented Reality in the Assembly Domain – Fundamentals, Benefits and Applications,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.52/1/2003, pp. 5-8, 2003.
-  Y. Yamada, H. Konosu, T. Morizono, and Y. Umetani, “Proposal of Skill-Assist: A System of Assisting Human Workers by Reflecting Their Skills in Positioning Tasks,” Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, pp. (IV)11-(IV)16, 1999.
-  R. D. Schraft, C. Meyer, C. Parlitz, and E. Helms, “PowerMate – A safe and Intuitive Robot Assistant for Handling and Assembly Task,” Proc. of the 2005 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 4085-4090, 2005.
-  Y. Hayakawa, T. Ogata, and S. Sugano, “Flexible Assembly Work Cooperating System Based on Work State Identifications by a Self-Organizing Map,” IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, Vol.9, No.3, pp. 520-528, 2004.
-  B. A. Sawyer, “Magnetic Positioning Device,” US patent 3,457,482, 1969.
-  M. Sugi, Y. Tamura, J. Ota, T. Arai, K. Takamasu, and H. Suzuki, “Implementation of Human Supporting Production System ‘Attentive Workbench’,” Proc. of the SICE-ICASE Int. Joint Conf. 2006, pp. 1270-1273, 2006.
-  M. Erdmann and T. Lozano-Pérez, “On Multiple Moving Objects,” Algorithmica, 2, pp. 477-521, 1987.
-  F. Iida, K. Kotani, M. Sugi, J. Ota, T. Arai, and K. Takamasu, “Assessment of Mental Workload (5th report) – Development of the Extraction method on working scenes –,” Proc. of the 2007 JSPE Semestrial Meeting, pp. 87-88, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  K. Kotani, I. Hidaka, Y. Yamamoto, and S. Ozono, “Analysis of Respiratory Sinus Arrhythmia with Respect to Respiratory Phase,” Method of Information in Medicine, Vol.39, pp. 153-156, 2000.
-  Y. Soo, M. Sugi, H. Yokoi, T. Arai, R. Du, and J. Ota, “Simultaneous Measurement of Force and Muscle Fatigue Using Frequency-Band Wavelet Analysis,” Proc. of the 30th Annual Int. IEEE EMBS Conf. (EMBC 2008), pp. 5045-5048, 2008.
-  Y. Nakanishi, Y. Sato, and H. Koike, “EnhancedDesk and EnhancedWall: Augmented Desk and Wall Interfaces with Real-Time Tracking of User's Motion,” Proc. of Ubicomp2002 Workshop on Collaborations with Interactive Walls and Tables, pp. 27-30, 2002.
-  K. Oka, Y. Sato, and H. Koike, “Real-Time Fingertip Tracking and Gesture Recognition,” IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, Vol.22, No.6, pp. 64-71, 2002.
-  Y. Tamura, M. Sugi, J. Ota, and T. Arai, “Deskwork Support System Based on the Estimation of Human Intention,” Proc. of the 13th IEEE Int. Workshop on Robot and Human Interactive Communication (RO-MAN 2004), pp. 413-418, 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2009 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.