A Quantitative Navigability Measure of Rough Maps
Jooseop Yun and Jun Miura
Department of Information and Computer Sciences, Toyohashi University of Technology, 1-1 Hibarigaoka, Tenpaku, Toyohashi, Aichi 441-8580, Japan
-  J. Yun and J. Miura, “Multi-Hypothesis Outdoor Localization using Multiple Visual Features with a Rough Map,” in Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3526-3532, 2007.
-  S. Fontaine, G. Edwards, B. Tversky, and M. Denis, “Expert and Non-expert Knowledge of Loosely Structured Environments,” in Proc. of Int. Conf. on Spatial Information Theory, pp. 363-378, 2005.
-  B. Tversky and P. Lee, “How Space Structures Language,” in Spatial Cognition: An Interdisciplinary Approach to Representing and Processing Spatial Knowledge, Berlin: Springer, pp. 157-176, 1998.
-  B. Tversky, “What do Sketches Say about Thinking?,” in Proc. of AAAI Spring Symposium, Sketch Understanding Workshop, AAAI Technical Report SS-02-08, pp. 148-151, 2002.
-  A. Milner, “Vision without knowledge,” in Proc. of the Royal Society of London, series B, pp. 295-303, 1992.
-  P. -E. Michon and M. Denis, “When and Why Are Visual Landmarks Used in Giving Directions ?,” in Proc. of Int. Conf. on Spatial Information Theory, pp. 292-305, 2001.
-  K. Kawamura, A. B. Koku, D. M. Wilkes, R. A. Peters II, and A. Sekmen, “Toward Egocentric Navigation,” Int. J. of Robotics and Automation, Vol.17, No.4, pp. 135-145, 2002.
-  E. R. Stuck, “Detecting and diagnosing mistakes in vision-based navigation,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol.17, No.4, pp. 259-285, 1996.
-  M. Skubic, P. Matsakis, B. Forrester, and G. Chronis, “Extracting Navigation States from a Hand-Drawn Map,” in Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 259-264, 2001.
-  G. Chronis and M. Skubic, “Sketch-based navigation for mobile robots,” in Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Fuzzy Systems, pp. 284-289, 2003.
-  J. Yun and J. Miura, “Multi-hypothesis localization with a rough map using multiple visual features for an outdoor navigation,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.21, No.11, pp. 1281-1304, 2007.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2009 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.