Evaluation of Cognition of Information Which is Stimulated by the Sense of Touch Using Phantom Sensation and Apparent Movement
Tota Mizuno, Hirotoshi Asano, and Hideto Ide
Faculty of Science and Engineering, Aoyama Gakuin University, 5-10-1 Fuchinobe, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 229-8558, Japan
-  The Japanese Federation of the Deaf, All Japan Association of Hard Hearing People, “A hearing handicapped person and a driver's license,” A questionnaire, 2005.
-  C. Domenici and D. Derossi, “A stress-component-selective tactile sensor array,” Sensors and Actuators, Vol.13, pp. 97-100, 1992.
-  B. L. Gray and R. S. Fearing, “A surface-micromachined microtactile sensor array,” IEEE Int. Conf. Rob. and Auto., Vol.1, pp. 1-6, 1996.
-  D. Pawluk, C. Buskirk, J. Killebrew, S. Hsiao, and K. Johnson, “Control and pattern specification for a high density tactile array,” IMECE Proc. of the ASME Dyn. Sys. and Control Div., Vol.64, pp. 97-102, 1998.
-  K. A. Kaczmarek, J. G. Webster, P. Bach-y-Rita, and W. J. Tompkins, “Electro-tactile and vibro-tactile displays for sensory sunstitution systems,” IEEE Trans. on Biomedical Engineering, Vol.38, No.1, pp. 1-16, 1991.
-  F. Obara, “The world that looked at through the sense of touch,” 2002.
-  National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, “Hand book of Human measurement,” Asakura.
-  M. Uchida, H. Tanaka, H. Ide, and S. Yokoyama, “A Tactile Display by 16 kinds of modulated wave vibration Used Only one PZT Vibrator,” T. IEE Japan, Vol.120-C, No.6, pp. 825-830, 2000 (in Japanese).
-  M. Uchida, H. Tanaka, H. Ide, and S. Yokoyama, “A Basic Characteristic for Information Presentation Using the Vibration of Modulated Wave,” 2001 National Convention Record I.E.E.Japan, Vol.3, p. 977, Mar. 2001 (in Japanese).
-  T. Shiozaki, M. Uchida, H. Tanaka, A. Nozawa, and H. Ide, “The Evaluation of Cognition to the Modulated Vibration Stimulus by ERP,” T. IEE Japan, Vol.122-C, No.9, pp. 1567-1572, 2002 (in Japanese).
-  M. Uchida, A. Nozawa, and H. Ide, “Difference Evaluation to Modulated Vibration Stimuli by Using Single Trial Waveform of ERP,” IEEJ Trans. EIS, Vol.124, No.1, pp. 73-78, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  T. Mizuno, M. Inoue, A. Nozawa, and H. Ide, “A Basic Study about Tactile Navigation Using the Tactile motor,” The Paper of Technical Meeting on Instruction and Measurement, IEE Japan IM-06-37, pp. 5-8, Oct. 2006 (in Japanese).
-  M. Isobe, Y. Kume, and M. Tuda, “Information Transmission by a Pair of Tactile Stimulation Vibrators,” The Virtual Reality Society of Japan, Vol.3, pp. 13-14, 1998.
-  Y. Kume, K.Yamamoto, T. Yamada, M. Isobe, M. Tsuda, and T. Hatada, “Effects of Phantom Sensation Providing Depth Cues for Tasks in 3D Virtual Environments (Special Section Human Visual and Auditory Information),” The journal of the Institute of Image Information and Television Engineers, Vol.53, No.9, pp. 1308-1314, 1999.
-  Y. Kume, M. Isobe, and M. Tuda, “Basic Properties of Multi-dimensional Phantom Sensation,” The Virtual Reality Society of Japan, pp. 241-242, 2000.
-  N. Hoshimiya, N. Ishii, M. Tsukada, and H. Ide, “The body of Information Engineering,” Morikita publication company.
-  H. Ide, “Lecture about an electric electronic applied measurement of institute of electrical engineers,” Institute of Electrical Engineers.
-  S. Kezuka, A. Nozawa, M. Uchida, and H. Ide, “A Basic Study about Figure Presentation Method on Tactile Display Using the Modulated Vibration,” T. IEE Japan, Vol.124-C, No.9, pp. 1916-1917, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  T. Mizuno, A. Nozawa, M. Uchida, and H. Ide, “Training and Oblivion Characteristics of Modulated Vibration Stimulus,” T. IEE Trans. EIS, Vol.127, No.3, pp. 299-304, 2007.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2009 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.