Iterative Transportation by Multiple Mobile Robots Considering Unknown Obstacles
Kousuke Inoue*, Jun Ota**, and Tamio Arai**
*Department of Intelligent Systems Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Ibaraki University
**Department of Precision Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo
-  J. Ota, “Multi-agent robot systems as distributed autonomous systems,” Advanced Engineering Informatics, Vol.20, pp. 59-70, 2006.
-  T. Arai and J. Ota, “Motion planning of multiple mobile robots using virtual impedance,” J. Robotics Mechatronics, Vol.8, No.1, pp. 67-74, 1996.
-  A. Yamashita, T. Arai, J. Ota, and H. Asama, “Motion planning of multiple mobile robots for cooperative manipulation and transportation,” IEEE Trans. Robotics Automat., Vol.19, No.2, pp. 223-237, 2003.
-  J. Fredslund and M. J. Mataric, “A general algorithm for robot formations using local sensing and minimal communication,” IEEE Trans. Robotics Automat., Vol.18, No.5, pp. 837-846, 2002.
-  Y. Yoshimura, Jun Ota, K. Inoue, D. Kurabayashi, and T. Arai, “Iterative Transportation planning of multiple objects by cooperative mobile robots,” Distributed Autonomous Robotic Systems 2, Springer-Verlag, Tokyo, pp. 171-182, 1996.
-  K. Kawabata, H. Asama, and M. Tanaka, “A study of communication emergence among mobile robots: Simulation of intention transmission,” H. Asama, T. Fukuda, T. Arai, and T. Hasegawa (Eds.), Distributed Autonomous Robotic Systems 5, Springer, pp. 71-80, 2002.
-  D. Kurabayashi, J. Ota, T. Arai, and E. Yoshida, “Cooperative sweeping by multiple mobile robots,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Robotics Automat., pp. 1744-1749, 1996.
-  L. E. Parker, “Distributed algorithm for multi-robot observation of multiple moving targets,” Autonomous Robots, Vol.12, No.3, pp. 231-255, 2002.
-  B. Yamaguchi, “Decentralized coordination for multi-robot exploration,” Robotics Autonomous Syst., Vol.29, No.2-3, pp. 111-118, 1999.
-  C. Trevai, Y. Fukazawa, H. Yuasa, J. Ota, T. Arai, and H. Asama, “Exploration path generation for multiple mobile robots using a reaction-diffusion equation on a graph,” Integr. Comput-aided Eng., Vol.11, No.3, pp. 195-212, 2004.
-  L. E. Parker, “ALLIANCE: An architecture for fault-tolerant multi-robot cooperation,” IEEE Trans. Robotics Automat., Vol.18, No.5, pp. 758-768, 1998.
-  N. Miyata, J. Ota, T. Arai, and H. Asama, “Cooperative transport by multiple mobile robots in unknown static environments associated with real-time task-assignment,” IEEE Trans. Robotics Automat., Vol.18, No.5, pp. 769-780, 2002.
-  A. Martinoll, K. Easton, and W. Agassounon, “Modeling swarm robotic systems: A case study in collaborative distributed manipulation,” Int. J. Robotics Res., Vol.23, No.4-5, pp. 415-436, 2004.
-  E. Pagello, A. D'Angelo, C. Ferrari, R. Polesel, R. Rosati, and A. Speranzon, “Emergent behaviors of a robot team performing cooperative tasks,” Adv. Robotics, Vol.17, No.1, pp. 3-19, 2003.
-  A. Drogoul and J. Ferber, “From Tom thumb to the Dockers: Some experiments with foraging robots,” From Animals and Animats 2, pp. 451-459, 1992.
-  O. Khatib, “Real-Time obstacle avoidance for manipulators and mobile robots,” Int. Journal of Robotics Research, Vol.5, No.1, pp. 90-98, 1986.
-  T. Lozano-Perez and M. A. Wesley, “An algorithm for planning Collision-Free Paths Among Polyhedral Obstacles,” Communications of the ACM, Vol.22, No.10, pp. 560-570, 1979.
-  B. J. Oommen, S. S. Iyengar, N. S. V. Rao, and R. L. Kashyap, “Robot navigation in unknown terrains using learned visibility graphs, Part I: The disjoint convex obstacle case,” IEEE J. Robotics and Automat., Vol.RA-3, No.6, pp. 672-681, 1987.
-  J. Ota, T. Arai, and Y. Yokogawa, “Distributed strategy-making method in multiple mobile robot system,” Proc. Int. Symp. on Distributed Autonomous Robotic Systems(DARS'94), pp. 123-133, 1994.
-  A. A. Petrov and I. M. Sirota, “Path Planning by Intelligent Autonomous Robotic Vehicles with Growing World Models,” 2nd IFAC Conf. On Intelligent Autonomous Vehicles 95, pp. 56-59, 1995.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2009 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.