Adaptive Coordinated Control of Multi-Fingered Robot Hand
Satoshi Ueki, Haruhisa Kawasaki, and Tetsuya Mouri
Gifu University, 1-1 Yanagido Gifu, Japan
This paper presents an adaptive control for a multi-fingered robot hand with rolling contact to a grasped rigid object, and demonstrates experimental results. In the proposed controller, the dynamic parameters of both the object and multi-fingered robot hand are estimated adaptively. The joint reference velocity consists of filtered contact force error, integral contact force error, and object reference velocity. The asymptotic convergence of object motion and contact force was proven by the Lyapunov-like Lemma. The controller performance is shown in experiments implemented on Gifu Hand III.
-  T. Yoshikawa, “Dexterous mechanical hand,” The Journal of RSJ, Vol.18, No.6, pp. 763-766, 2000 (in Japanese).
-  A. Bicchi, “Hands for dexterous manipulation and robust grasping: A difficult road toward simplicity,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.16, No.6, pp. 652-662, 2000.
-  A. B. A. Cole and J. E. Hauser, “Kinematics and control of multifingered hands with rolling contact,” IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, Vol.34, No.4, pp. 398-404, 1989.
-  N. Sarkar and X. Yun, “Dynamic control of 3-D rolling contacts in two-arm manipulation,” IEEE Trans. Robotics and Automation, Vol.13, No.3, pp. 364-376, 1997.
-  Y. Yokokohji, M. Sakamoto, and T. Yoshikawa, “Frictional Spin Moment Compensation at Contact Points for Object Manipulation by a Multifingered Hand with Soft Fingertips,” The Journal of RSJ, Vol.17, No.6, pp. 876-886, 1999 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Yokokohji, M. Sakamoto, and T. Yoshikawa, “Vision-Aided Pose Estimation of an Object Manipulated by a Multifingered Hand – Application to Manipulation Control by a Soft-Fingered Hand–,” The Journal of RSJ, Vol.18, No.3, pp. 401-410, 2000 (in Japanese).
-  Y. -R. Hu and A. A. Goldenberg, “An Adaptive Approach to Motion and Force Control of Multiple Coordinated Robot,” ASME Journal Dynamics Systems, Measurement, and Control, Vol.115, No.1, pp. 60-69, 1993.
-  J. -H. Jean and L. -C. Fu, “An Adaptive Control Scheme for Coordinated Multimanipulator Systems,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.9, No.2, pp. 226-231, 1993.
-  T. Naniwa and S. Arimoto, “Learning Control and Model-Based Adaptive Control for Coordination of Multiple Manipulators,” T. SICE, Vol.32, No.5, pp. 706-713, 1996 (in Japanese).
-  H. Kawasaki, S. Ueki, and S. Ito, “Decentralized adaptive coordinated control of multiple robot arms without using a force sensor,” Automatica, Vol.42, pp. 481-488, 2006.
-  H. Maekawa, K. Tanie, and K. Komoriya, “Manipulation of an Unknown Object by Multifingered Hand with Rolling Contact Using Tactile Feedback,” T. SICE, Vol.31, No.9, pp. 1462-1470, 1995.
-  R. Ozawa, S. Arimoto, S. Nakamura, and J. -H. Bae, “Control of an Object With Parallel Surface by a Pair of Finger Robots Without Object Sensing,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics, Vol.21, No.5, pp. 965-976, 2005.
-  T. Wimboeck, C. Ott, and G. Hirzinger, “Passivity-based object-level impedance control for a multifingered hand,” Proc. of the 2006 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 4621-4627, 2006.
-  R. M. Murray, S. S. Sastry, and Z. Li, “A Mathematical Introduction to Robotic Manipulation,” CRC Press, Inc., 1994.
-  J. Yuan, “Adaptive control of a constrained robot –zero tracking and zero force error–,” IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, Vol.42, No.12, pp. 1709-1714, 1997.
-  J. J. E. Slotine and W. Li, “Applied Nonlinear Control,” Printice-Hall, Inc., 1991.
-  T. Mouri, H. Kawasaki, K. Yoshikawa, J. Takai, and S. Ito, “Anthropomorphic robot hand: Gifu Hand III,” Proc. of Int. Conf. ICCAS2002, pp. 1288-1293, 2002.
-  A. Bicchi, J. K. Salisbury, and D. L. Brock, ”Contact sensing from force measurements,” The Int. Journal of Robotics Research, Vol.12, No.3, pp. 249-262, 1993.
-  H. Kawasaki and G. Li, “Expert Skill-Based Gain Tuning in Discrete-Time Adaptive Control for Robots,” The Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.16 No.1, 2004.
Copyright© 2009 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.