Simulation of a Pneumatic Hand Crane Power-Assist System
Tatsuya Doi*, Hironao Yamada**, Toshihisa Ikemoto***,
and Hiroshi Naratani***
*Graduate School of Engineering, Gifu University, Gifu, Japan
**Department of Human and Information Systems, Gifu University, Gifu, Japan
***Aikoku Alpha Corporation, Aichi, Japan
Simulation of a pneumatic hand crane for work support was developed for system design. The crane’s mathematical model consists of a pneumatic cylinder model, a crane link model, and a controller that includes a human model to passively operate the hand crane by operating force. The human model’s inverse system learns using a neural network. The feasibility of the simulation was demonstrated in comparison with measurement results from operating force and acceleration.
and Hiroshi Naratani, “Simulation of a Pneumatic Hand Crane Power-Assist System,” J. Robot. Mechatron., Vol.20, No.6, pp. 896-902, 2008.
-  H. Kazerooni, “Human-robot interaction via the transfer of power and information signals,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Vol.20, No.2, pp. 450-463, 1990.
-  Y. Yamada, H. Konosu, T. Morizono, and Y. Umetani, “Proposal of Skill-Assist for Mounting Operations in Automobile Assembly Processes,” Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series C, Vol.68, No.666, pp. 509-516, 2002.
-  H. Kato, R. Ikeura, S. Noguti, K. Mizutani, H. Nakamura, and T. Honda, “Impedance Control for an Industrial Power Assist Device Considering Contact Operations,” Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series C, Vol.72, No.714, pp. 514-521, 2006.
-  T. Doi, H. Yamada, T. Ikemoto, and H. Naratani, “Simulation of a Pneumatic Hand Crane Type Power Assist System,” Transactions of the Japan Fluid Power System Society, Vol.39, No.2, pp. 28-33, 2008.
-  T. Muto, “Dynamics and Control of Actuators,” pp. 141-160, Corona Publishing Co., Ltd., 1992 (in Japanese)
-  The Japan Fluid Power System Society, “Hydraulics and Pneumatics handbook,” pp. 42-44, 1989.
-  M. Kawato, “Computational Theory of the Brain (in Japanese),” pp. 119-189, Sangyo Tosho Publishing Co., Ltd., 1996.
-  T. Flash and N. Hogan, “The coordination of arm movements: An experimentally confirmed mathematical model,” The Journal of Neuroscience, Vol.5, No.7, pp. 1688-1703, 1985.
Copyright© 2008 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.