A 4WD Omnidirectional Wheelchair with Enhanced Step Climbing Capability
Department Human-Robotics, Faculty of Engineering Saitama Institute of Technology, 1690 Fusaiji, Fukaya, Saitama 369-0293, Japan
-  “Population Statistics Japan 2006,” the National Institute of Population and Social Security Research, Japan.
-  “I-Bot wheelchair,” Independence Technology,
-  “Patrafour” Kanto Automobile Corp.,
-  Jefferey Farnam, “Four-wheel Drive Wheel-chair with Compound Wheels,” US patent 4,823,900, 1989.
-  http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/MPF/mpf/rover.html
-  Asama, et al, “Mutual Transportation of Cooperative Mobile Robots Using Forklift Mechanisms,” Proc. of the 1996 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1754-1759, 1996.
-  H. Ikeda et al, “Step climbing and descending method by tandem wheelchairs and analysis of the influence of changes of the operator’s posture,” Journal of Society of Biomechanisms Japan, pp. 134-143, 2003.
-  M. Wada and S. Mori, “Holonomic and Omnidirectional Vehicle with Conventional Tires,” Proc. of the 1996 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA96), pp. 3671-3676, 1996.
-  M. Wada, A. Takagi, and S.Mori, “Caster Drive Mechanisms for Holonomic and Omnidirectional Mobile Platforms with no Over Constraint,” Proc. of the 2000 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA2000), pp. 1531-1538, 2000.
-  M. Wada, “Holonomic and Omnidirectional Wheelchairs with synchronized 4WD Mechanism,” Proc. of the 2007 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS2007), pp. 1196-1202, Dec 2007.
-  M. Wada, “Omnidirectional and Holonomic Mobile Platform with Four-Wheel-Drive Mechanism for Wheelchairs,” Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics”, Vol.19, No.3, pp. 264-271, 2007.
-  M. Wada, “4WD Omni-Directional Mobile Platform and its Application to Wheelchairs., Climbing and Walking Robots,” Houxiang Zhang (Ed.), Chapter 15, pp. 313-334, Advanced Robotic Systems Int., October, 2007.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2008 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.