Development of a Gait Rehabilitation System With a Spherical Immersive Projection Display
Hiroaki Yano*, Takayuki Masuda**, Yosuke Nakajima***,
Naoki Tanaka****, Shintaro Tamefusa*****, Hideyuki Saitou****,
and Hiroo Iwata*
*Graduate School of Systems and Information Engineering, University of Tsukuba, 1-1-1,Tennoudai,Tsukuba-shi, Ibaraki 305-8573, Japan
**Denso corporationm, Dai-1-Oyamaryo #1202J, 18, Oyama-cho 3-chome, Kariya-shi, Aichi 448-0043, Japan
***Mitsubishi Electric Kamakura Works, 325, Kamimachiya, Kamakura-shi, Kanagawa 247-8520, Japan
****Department of rehabilitation, Tsukuba Memorial Hospital, 1187-299 Kaname, Tsukuba-shi, Ibaraki 300-2622, Japan
***** College of Engineering Systems, University of Tsukuba, 1-1-1, Tennoudai, Tsukuba-shi, Ibaraki 305-8573, Japan
-  http://wwwsoc.nii.ac.jp/jpta/02-association/data0803.html
(In Japanese, accessed 2008/09/13).
-  “Bureau of Labor Statistics,” Physical Therapists, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2008-09 Edition.
-  Japanese Physical Therapy Association, “White Paper on Physical Therapy 2005,” pp. 177-184, 2005 (in Japanese).
-  Hiroaki Yano, Kaori Kasai, Hideyuki Saitoh, and Hiroo Iwata, “Development of a gait rehabilitation system using a locomotion interface,” Journal of Visualization and Computer Animation, Volume 14, pp. 243-252, 2003.
-  Hiroaki Yano, Yousuke Nakajima, Yuki Mizuta, Hideyuki Saitoh, and Hiroo Iwata, “Evaluation of Gait Rehabilitation with a Locomotion Interface Using NIRS,” Proc. of Virtual Rehabilitation 2007, p. 85, 2007.
-  Mieko Ohsuga, Yoko Tatsuno, Futomi Shimono, Kosuke Hirosawa, Hiroshi Oyama, and Hitoshi Okamura, “Development of a BedsideWellness System,” Cyber Psychology & Behavior, Vol.1, No.2, pp. 105-112, 1998.
-  http://www.rehab.go.jp/rehanews/japanese/No263/7_story.html
(In Japanese, accessed 2008/09/13).
-  http://www.hitachi.co.jp/New/cnews/9905/0524b.html
(in Japanese, accessed 2008/09/13).
-  J. M. Hollerbach, Y. Xu, R. Christensen, and S. C. Jacobsen, “Design specifications for the second generation Sarcos Treadport locomotion interface,” Haptics Symposium, Proc. ASME Dynamic Systems and Control Division, DSC-Vol.69-2, Orlando, Nov. 5-10, pp. 1293-1298, 2000.
-  Wada, Ikeda, Sato, and Yokoya, “User Support for a Telepresence System Providing Multiple Walk-through Routes.” Proc. of Tenth VRSJ annual conf., pp. 481-482, 2005.
-  S. Jezernik, G. Colombo, and M. Morari, “Automatic gait-pattern adaptation algorithms for rehabilitation with a 4-DOF robotic orthosis,” Robotics and Automation, Vol.20, Issue 3, pp. 574-582, 2004.
-  Masaki Emoto, Kenichiro Masaoka, Masayuki Sugawara, and Fumio Okano, “Viewing angle effects from wide field video projection images on the human equilibrium,” Displays, Vol.26, Issue 1, pp. 9-14, 2005.
-  Nakajima, Yano, Saitou, and Iwata, “Development of a Foot-Pad type Locomotion Interface for Gait Rehabilitation,” Proc. of the Welfare Engineering Symposium 2006, pp. 220-223, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  Ryuichi Nakamura and Hiroshi Saito, “FUNDAMENTAL KINESIOLOGY 2nd Edition,” p. 299, ISHIYAKU PUBLISHERS, INC, Tokyo, Japan (in Japanese).
-  H. Iwata, “Seamless Surrounded Spherical Display,” Proc. of The Third VRSJ Annual Conf., pp. 155-158, 1998 (in Japanese).
-  Tawada, Yamazawa, and Yokoya, “Remote Control of a Networked Mobile Robot Using a Treadmill and a Immersive Display,” TECHNICAL REPORT OF IEICE, CQ2003-124, 2004.
-  Strangman et al, “A quantitative comparison of simultaneous BOLD fMRI and NIRS recordings during functional brain activation,” NeuroImage, 17, pp. 719-731, 2002.
-  Matsunami and Naitou, “Undou to Nou,” Saiensu-sha Co., Ltd. Publishers, pp. 100-102, 2000.
-  PARK, Tsunetsugu, et.al, “Physiological Effects of Bathing in the Forest Atmosphere (1) : using Salivary Cortisol and Cerebral Activity (TRS) as an Indicator,” Journal of physiological anthropology and applied human science, 24(2), p. 188, 2005.
-  I. Miyai, et. al., “Longitudinal Optical Imaging Study for Locomotor Recovery After Stroke,” Stroke, 24, pp. 2866-2870, 2003.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2008 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.