Control of Human Generating Force by Use of Acoustic Information? Substituting Artificial Sounds for Onomatopoeic Utterances
Miki Iimura*, Taichi Sato*, and Kihachiro Tanaka**
*School of Engineering, Tokyo Denki University, 2-2 Kanda-Nishiki-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-8457, Japan
**Faculty of Engineering, Saitama University, 255, Shimo-okubo, Sakura-ku, Saitama-shi, Saitama 338-8570, Japan
-  T. Sato, K. Oyama, M. Iimura, H. Kobayashi, and K. Tanaka, “Control of human generating force by use of acoustic information –Utilization of onomatopoeic utterance,” JSME Int. Journal, Series C, Vol.49, No.3, pp. 687-694, 2006.
-  Y. Fujino, K. Inoue, M. Kikkawa, S. Horie, E. Nishina, T. Yamada, and Y. Sagisaka, “Actual condition survey of the usage of the sport onomatopoeias in Japanese,” Tokai J. of Sports Medical Science, No.17, pp. 28-38, 2005 (in Japanese).
-  K. Tohya, “Effects of verbalization of mimetic phoneme on amotormemory in infants,” J. of Education Psychology, Vol.40, No.2, pp. 148-156, 1992 (in Japanese).
-  K. Tohya, “Developmental changes in effect of verbalization strategy of onomatopoeia on the motor-memory,” J. of Education Psychology, Vol.40, No.4, pp. 436-444, 1992 (in Japanese).
-  K. Tohya, “The role of onomatopoeia in rehabilitation for the child with disability –A discussion based on the analysis of the training process in SHINRI-REHABILITATION–,” Bulletin of Joetsu University of Education (in Japanese), Vol.12, No.2, pp. 269-277, 1993.
-  S. Murata, “Encyclopedia of the sounds,” Maruzen-sha, pp. 46-47, 94, 178-181, 729-731, 799-803, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  I. Tamori, “Enjoy Onomatopoeia,” Iwanami-shoten, pp. 134-151, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  T. Toi, “Creation of Tone Quality for Automobile and Technical Trend of Comfortable Sound Design,” Journal of Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan, Vol.60, No.4, pp. 12-17, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  O. Kuroda and Y. Fujii, “Study of Improving Engine Sound Quality,” Journal of Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan, Vol.43, No.8, pp. 46-52, 1989 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Ishii and K. Noumura, “Evaluation Techniques and their Applications for Interior Sound Quality of Vehicle,” Journal of Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan, Vol.60, No.4, pp. 24-29, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  A. Matsumura, “Daijisen,” Shogaku-kan, p. 2029, 1998 (in Japanese).
-  T. Shirasawa, T. Yamamura, T. Tanaka, and N. Ohnishi, “Discriminating Emotions intended in Speech,” Technical report of IEICE HIP, Vol.96, No.499, pp. 79-84, 1997 (in Japanese).
-  J. Sato and S. Morishima, “Dimensional Analysis of Emotional Speech in terms of Semantic Differential Technique, Technical report of IEICE,” HCS 97-4, pp. 21-28, 1997 (in Japanese).
-  M. Shigenaga, “Features of Emotionally Uttered Speech Revealed by Discriminant Analysis,” The Transactions of the Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers. A, Vol.J83-A, No.6, pp. 726-735, 2000 (in Japanese).
-  H. Mitsumoto, M. Yanagida, H. Otawa, and S. Tamura, “Detection of Ironical Utterance Based on Acoustic Features, IEICE technical report. Speech,” Vol.96, No.160, pp. 17-24, 1996 (in Japanese).
-  T. Komatsu, “Can we assign attitudes to a computer based on its beep sounds? – Toward an effective method for making humans empathize with artificial agents,” IJCAI-05 Proc. pp. 1692-1693, 2005.
-  S. Inokuchi, “Kansei Information Processing,” The Journal of the Institute of Electronics, Information, and Communication Engineers , Vol.80, No.10, pp. 1007-1012, 1997 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Kitahara, “Kansei Information and Media Processing Technology,” The Journal of the Institute of Electronics, Information, and Communication Engineers, Vol.81, No.1, pp. 60-67, 1998 (in Japanese).
-  S. Sugano, “Possibility that robots have hearts,” Journal of the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, Vol.34, No.4, pp. 320-323, 1995 (in Japanese).
-  H. Katayose and S. Inokuchi, “Virtual Performer,” Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.14, No.2, pp. 208-211, 1996 (in Japanese).
-  T. Sato and K. Tanaka, “Sensitivity of Human for Sounds and Words, and Their Engineering Use,” Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.24, No.6, pp. 716-719, 2006 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2008 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.