Performance Types and Activation of the Prefrontal Cortex
Harumi Kobayashi and Tetsuya Yasuda
Tokyo Denki University, Graduate School of Advanced Science and Technology, Ishizaka, Hatoyama-machi, Hiki-gun, Saitama, 350-0394 Japan
-  F. Cincottia, D. Mattiaa, F. Aloisea, S. Bufalaria, G. Schalkb, G. Orioloc, A. Cherubinic, M. G. Marciania, and F. Babiloni, “Noninvasive brain-computer interface system: Towards its application as assistive technology,” Brain Research Bulletin, 75, pp. 796-803, 2008.
-  F. Cincottia, D. Mattiaa, F. Aloisea, S. Bufalaria, L. Astolfia, F. De Vico Fallania, A. Toccia, L. Bianchia, M. G. Marciania, S. Gaof, J.Millang, and F. Babiloni, “High-resolution EEG techniques for brain-computer interface applications,” Journal of Neuroscience Methods, 167, pp. 31-42, 2008.
-  F. Harashima and S. Suzuki, “Future of mechatronics and human machine operation skill and visual perception,” SICE Journal of Control, Measurement, and System Integration, 1(1), pp. 18-25, 2008.
-  Y. Hoshi, I. Oda, Y.Wada, Y. Ito, Y. Yamashita, M. Oda, K. Ohta, Y. Yamada, and M. Tamura, “Visuospatial imagery is a fruitful strategy for the digit span backward task: a study with near-infrared optical tomography,” Cognitive Brain Research, 9(3), pp. 339-342, 2000.
-  A. Baddeley and G. Hitch, “Working Memory,” In G. H. Bower (Ed.), The psychology of learning and motivation, Vol.8, New York: Academic Press. pp. 47-89, 1974.
-  G. Matsuda and K. Hiraki, “Sustained decrease in oxygenated hemoglobin during video games in the dorsal prefrontal cortex: A NIRS study of children,” NeuroImage, 29, pp. 706-711, 2006.
-  V. D. Calhoun, J. J. Pekar, V. B. McGinty, T. Adali, T. D. Watson, and G. D. Pearlson, “Different activationdynamics in multiple neural systems during simulated driving, Human Brain Mapping,” 16(3), pp. 158-167, 2002.
-  M. Hatakenaka, I. Miyai, M. Mihara, S. Sakoda, and K. Kubota, “Frontal regions involved in learning of motor skill –A functional NIRS study,” NeuroImage, 34, pp. 109-116, 2007.
-  H. Kobayashi, T. Yasuda, and S. Suzuki, “The relations between development of humans’ manipulative skills and physiological signals of brain and hand,” Int. Journal of Assistive Robotics and Mechatronics, 7(1), pp. 49-61, 2006.
-  J. Henderson, “Memory and forgetting,” London:Routledge, 1999.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2008 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.