Wearable Master-Slave Training Device for Lower Limb Constructed with Pneumatic Rubber Artificial Muscles
Daisuke Sasaki, Toshiro Noritsugu, and Masahiro Takaiwa
Graduate School of Natural Science of Technology, Okayama University, Tsushimanaka 3-1-1, Okayama 700-8530, Japan
A robot technology is exceedingly expected to solve a problem of a lack of a physical therapist. In this study, the bilateral type pneumatic wearable master-slave training device used by a trainer and a trainee is developed to feed back a force information to the trainer. In the case of the rehabilitation when separated human attaches the separated device, it has a threat of applying the excessive torque to a patient. To prevent the trainer from increasing excessive torque at the movable angle limit of the trainee, a reaction torque of the slave user is transmitted to the master user.
In this paper, the structure of the developed device is discussed, and then the validity of the proposed device is evaluated from the experiments that assume knee rehabilitation.
-  H. Kobayashi, T. Siiba, and Y. Ishida, “Realization of All 7 Motions for the Upper Limb by a Muscle Suit,” Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol. 16, No. 5, pp. 504-512, 2004.
-  A. Chu, H. Kazerooni, and A. Zoss, “On the Biomimetic Design of the Berkeley Lower Extremity Exoskeleton(BLEEX),” Proc. of the 2005 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (DVD-ROM), pp. 4356-4363, 2005.
-  H. Kazerooni, J. L. Racine, L. Huang, and R. Steger, “On the Control of the Berkeley Lower Extremity Exoskeleton(BLEEX),” Proc. of the 2005 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (DVDROM), pp. 4364-4371, 2005.
-  Y. Mori, K. Takayama, T. Zengo, and T. Nakamura, “Development of Straight Style Transfer Equipment for Lower Limbs Disabled: Verification of Basic Motion,” Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol. 16, No. 5, pp. 456-463, 2004.
-  J. Nikitczuk, B. Weinberg, and C. Mavroidis, “Rehabilitative Knee Orthosis Driven by Electro-Rheological Fluid Based Actuators,” Proc. of the 2005 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (DVD-ROM), pp. 2294-2300, 2005.
-  D. Sasaki, T. Noritsugu, and M. Takaiwa, “Development of Pneumatic Power Assist Sprint ”ASSIST” Operated by Human Intention,” Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol. 17, No. 5, pp. 568-574, 2005.
-  T. Miyazaki, S. Hagihara, “Parallel Control Method for a Bilateral Master-Slave Manipulator,” Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, No. 5, pp. 446-452, 1989. (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Copyright© 2008 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.