Development of the Breast Pump with a Baby-Like Peristaltic Motion
Hiroshi Kobayashi*, Toshiaki Tsuji*, Yukinari Awano**,
Katsumi Mizuno***, Hiroshi Kawamura****, Zenichi Onuki*****,
and Aki Ishimaru*****
* Faculty of Engineering, Tokyo University of Science, 1-14-6 Kudankita, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-1073, Japan
**Graduate School of Engineering, Tokyo University of Science, 1-14-6 Kudankita, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-1073, Japan
***Department of Pediatrics, Showa University School of Medicine, 1-5-8 Hatanodai, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo 142-8666, Japan
****Faculty of Science and Technology, Tokyo University of Science, 2641 Yamazaki, Noda, Chiba 278-0022, Japan
*****Joso Laboratory, Pigeon Corporation, 6-20-4 Kinunodai, Tsukubamirai, Ibaragi 300-2495, Japan
This paper is the full translation from the transactions of JSME Vol.73, No.730.
-  T. Iguchi, et al., “Female’s <body and heart> easy medicine Women Medical,” Shougakukan Inc., First printed, pp. 116-119, 2003. (in Japanese).
-  L. R. Mitoras, et al., “Effect of Vacuum Profile on Breast Milk Expression Using an Electric Breast Pump,” J Hum Lact, 18(4), pp. 353-360, 2002.
-  J. C. Kent, “Response of Breasts to Different Stimulation Patterns of an Electric Breast Pump,” J Hum Lact, 19(2), pp. 179-186, 2003.
-  D. T. Ramsay, et al., “The Use of Ultrasound to Characterize Milk Ejection in Women Using an Electric Breast Pump,” J Hum Lact, 21(4), pp. 421-428, 2005.
-  K. Mizuno and K. Kani, “Sipping/lapping is a safe alternative feeding method to suckling for preterm infants,” Acta Padiatrica, 94, pp. 574-580, 2005.
-  M. S. Fewtrell, et al., “Randomized Trial Comparing the Efficacy of a Novel Manual Breast PumpWith a Standard Electric Breast Pump in Mothers Who Delivered Preterm Infants,” PEDIATRICS, 107(6), pp. 1291-1297, 2001.
-  K. Iwayama and M. Eishima, “Neonatal sucking behavior and its development until 14 months,” Early Hum Dev. Jan, 3;47(1), pp. 1-9, 1997.
-  K. Ogawa and K. Kato, “New mechanical engineering series 1 mechanism,” Morikita Publishing Co., 19th edition, pp. 36-37, 1985. (in Japanese).
-  D. T. Ramsay, et al., “Ultrasound Imaging of Milk Ejection in the Breast of Lactating Women,” PEDIATRICS, 113(2), pp. 361-367, 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2008 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.