Production and Application of High-Accuracy Polymer-Based Magnetically Driven Microtool
Yoko Yamanishi, Shinya Sakuma, and Fumihito Arai
Department of Bioengineering and Robotics, Tohoku University, 6-6-01 Aramaki-Aza-Aoba, Aoba-ku, Sendai, Miyagi 980-8579, Japan
-  K. W. Oh and C. H. Ahn, “A Review of Microvalves,” Journal of micromechanics and microengineering, 16, R13-R39, 2006.
-  H. Maruyama, F. Arai, and T. Fukuda, “On-Chip Microparticle Handling Using Magnetically Driven Microdevice,” μ-TAS2005, pp. 1422-1424, 2005.
-  N. Pamme, “Magnetism and Microfluidics,” Lab on a Chip, 6, pp. 24-38, 2006.
-  G. Mensing, A. T. M. Pearce, M. D. Graham, and D. J. Beebe, “An Externally Driven Magnetic Microstirrer,” Phil. Trans. R. Soc. Lond. A 362, pp. 1059-1068, 2004.
-  K. S. Ryu, K. Shaikh, E. Goluch, Z. Fan, and C. Liu, “Micro Magnetic Stir-bar mixer Integrated with Parylene Microfluidic Channel,” Lab on a Chip, 4, pp. 608-613, 2004.
-  M. Barbic, J. J. Mock, A. P. Gray, and S. Schults, “Electromagnetic Micromotor for Microfluidics Applications,” Applied Physics Letters, 79, 9, pp. 1399-1401, 2001.
-  Y. C. Lin, Y. Yamanishi, and F. Arai, “On-chip Temperature Sensing and Control for Cell Immobilisation,” 2nd IEEE Int. Conf. on NEMS, pp. 659-663, January, Bankok, Thailand, 2007.
-  J. J. Nagel, G.Mikhail, H. Noh, and J. Koo, “Magnetically Actuated Micropumps Using an Fe-PDMS Composite Membrane,” Proc. of SPIE, 6172, 1, 617213, pp. 1-9, 2006.
-  C. Yamahata, C. Lotto, E. M. Al-Assaf, and A. M. Gijs, “A PMMA valveless micropump using electromagnetic actuation,” Microfluid Nanofluid, 1, pp. 197-207, 2005.
-  A. Hatch, A. E. Kamholz, G. Holman, P. Yager, and K. F. Bohringer, “A ferrofluidic magnetic micropump,” Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, 10, pp. 215-221, 2001.
-  W. C. Williams, H. D. Tran, M. J. O’Brien, E. Rabinovich, and G. P. Lopez, “Rapid prototyping of active microfluidic components based on magnetically modified elastomeric materials,” Journal of Vacuum and Science and Technology, B19, 2, pp. 596-599, 2001.
-  D. Olivier, T. Abdelkrim, D. Yves, G. Leticia, T. Nicolas, P. Phillippe, P. Vladimir, and M. Alain, “Magnetically Actuated Microvalve for Active Flow Control,” Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 34, pp. 631-636, 2006.
-  C. J. Campbell and B. A. Grzybowski, “Microfluidic Mixers: from Microfabricated to Self-assembling Devices,” Phil. Trans. R. Soc. Lond. A, 362, pp. 1069-1086, 2004.
-  P. K. Yuen, G. Li, Y. Bao, and U. R. Müller, “Microfluidic Devices for Fluidic Circulation and Mixing Improve Hybridization Signal Intensity on DNA Arrays,” Lab on a Chip, 3, pp. 46-50, 2003.
-  J. Atencia and D. J. Beebe, “Steady Flow Generation in Microcirculatory Systems,” Lab on a Chip, 6, pp. 567-574, 2006.
-  Z. Zhang, P. Boccazzi, H.-G. Choi, G. Perozziello, A. J. Sinskey, and K. F. Jensen, “Microchemostat-microbial Continous Cluture in a Polymer-based Instrumentd Microbioreactor,” Lab on a Chip, 6, pp. 906-913, 2006.
-  K. S. Wilson, J. D. Goff, J. S. Riffle, L. A. Harris, and T. G. St Pierre, “Polydimethylsiloxane-magnetite Nanoparticle Complexes and Dispersions in Polysiloxane Carrier Fluids,” Polyners for Advanced Technologies, 16, pp. 200-211, 2005.
-  B. J. Jo, L. M. V. Lerberghe, K. M. Motsegood, and D. J. Beebe, “Three-Dimensional Micro-Chanel Fabrication in Polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) Elastomer,” Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, 9, 1, pp. 76-81, 2000.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2008 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.