Robot Hand Imitating Disabled Person for Education/Training of Rehabilitation
Tetsuya Mouri*, Haruhisa Kawasaki*, Yutaka Nishimoto**,
Takaaki Aoki**, Yasuhiko Ishigure***, and Makoto Tanahashi*
* Department of Human Information System, Gifu University, 1-1 Yanagido, Gifu 501-1193, Japan
** Gifu University School of Medicine, 1-1 Yanagido, Gifu 501-1194, Japan
*** Marutomi Seiko Co., Ltd.,3147-7 Aza Ikuda, Kurachi, Seki, 501-3936 Japan
-  D. Jack, R. Boian, A. S. Merians, M. Tremaine, G. C. Burdea, S. V. Adamovich, M. Recce, and H. Poinzner, “Virtual Reality-Enhanced Stroke Rehabilitation,” IEEE Transaction on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, Vol.8, No.3, pp. 308-318, 2001.
-  R. C. V. Loureiro, C. F. Collin, and W. S. Harwin, “Robot Aided Therapy: Challenges Ahead for Upper Limb Stroke Rehabilitation,” Proc. of the 13th Int. Conf. on Artificial Reality and Telexistance, pp. 215-221, 2003.
-  K. Koyanagi, Y. Imada, J. Furusho, U. Ryu, A. Inoue, and K. Takenaka, “Development of VR-STEF System with Force Display Glove System,” Proc. of the 15th Int. Conf. on Artificial Reality and Telexistence, 2005, (CD-ROM).
-  M. Mulas, M. Folgheraiter, and G. Gini, “An EMG-Controlled Exoskeleton for Hand Rehabilitation,” 9th Int. Conf. on Rehabilitation Robotics, pp. 371-374, 2005.
-  M. Bouzit, G. Burdea, G. Popescu, and R. Boian, “The Rutgers Master II-New Design Force-Feedback Glove,” IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, Vol.7, No.2, pp. 256-263, 2002.
-  S. Ito, H. Kawasaki, Y. Ishigure, M. Natsume, T. Mouri, and Y. Nishimoto, “A Design of Fine Motion Assist Equipment for Disabled Hand in Robotic Rehabilitation System,” Proc. of Fourth Int. Symposium on Mechatronics and its Applications, 2007, (CDROM).
-  L. Dovat, O. Lambercy, Y. Ruffieux, D. Chapuis, R. Gassert, H. Bleuler, CL. Teo, and E. Burdet, “A Haptic Knob for Rehabilitation of Stroke Patients,” Proc. of IROS2006, pp. 977-982, 2006.
-  S. Makita, S. Uraoka, Y. Masutani, and A. Nishimura, “Development of Leg Robot for Training of Physical Therapist Students,” Proc. of 23st Annual Conf. of Robotics Society of Japan, 1J34, 2005.
-  T. Fujisawa, L. Hokyo, M.Takagi, T. Takahashi, K. Inoue, T. Terada, Y. Adachi, Y. Kawakami, and T. Komeda, “Basic Research on a Upper Limb Patient Simulator,” Proc. of the 2006 JSME Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics, 1P2-A20, 2006.
-  K. Umebayashi, H. Kawasaki, T. Mouri, Y. Nishimoto, and H. Hayashi, “Hand Rehabilitation Training System,” Proc. of 22st Annual Conf. of Robotics Society of Japan, 3H27, 2004.
-  S. C. Jacobsen, J. E. Wood, D. F. Knutti, and K. B. Biggers, “The Utah/MIT dexterous hand: Work in progress,” Int. Journal of Robot Research, Vol.3, No.4, pp. 21-50, 1984.
-  B. M. Jau, “Dexterous Telemanipulation with Four Fingered Hand System,” Proc. of IEEE Robot and Automation, pp. 338-343, 1995.
-  K. J. Kyriakopoulos, A. Zink, and H. E. Stephanou, “Kinematic Analysis and Position/Force Control of the Anthrobot Dextrous Hand,” Transaction on System, Man, and Cybernetics-Part B: cybernetics, Vol.27, No.1, pp. 95-104, 1997.
-  G. A. Bekey, R. Tomovic, and I. Zeljkovic, “Control Architecture for the Bergrade/USC hand,” In S. T. Venkataraman and T. Iberall(Editors), Dexterous Robot Hand, Springer Verlay, pp. 136-149, 1990.
-  L. R. Lin and H. P. Huang, “Integrating Fuzzy Control of the Dexterous National Taiwan University (NTU) Hand,” IEEE/ASME Transaction on Mechatronics, Vol.1, No.3, pp. 216-229, 1996.
-  J. Butterfass, M. Grebenstein, H. Liu, and G. Hirzinger, “DLRHand II: Next Generation of a Dextrous Robot Hand,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotic and Automation, pp. 109-114, 2001.
-  A. Namiki, Y. Imai, M. Ishikawa, and M. Kanneko, “Development of a High-speed Multifingered Hand System and Its Application to Catching,” Proc. of IROS2003, pp. 2666-2671, 2003.
-  I. Yamano, K. Takemura, and T. Maeno, “Development of a Robot Finger for Five-fingered Hand using Ultrasonic Motors,” Proc. of IROS2003, pp. 2648-2653, 2003.
-  M. V. Weghe, M. Rogers, M. Weissert, and Y. Matsuoka, “The ACT Hand: Design of the Skeletal Structure,” Proc. ICRA2004, pp. 3375-3379, 2004.
-  H. Kawasaki and T. Komatsu, “Mechanism Design of Anthropomorphic Robot Hand:Gifu Hand I,” Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.11, No.4, pp. 269-273, 1999.
-  H. Kawasaki, T. Komatsu, and K. Uchiyama, “Dexterous Anthropomorphic Robot Hand with Distributed Tactile Sensor: Gifu Hand II,” IEEE/ASME Transaction on Mechatronics, Vol.7, No.3, pp. 296-303, 2002.
-  T. Mouri, H. Kawasaki, and S. Ito, “Unknown Object Grasping Strategy Imitating Human Grasping Reflex for Anthropomorphic Robot Hand,” Journal of Advanced Mechanical Design, Systems, and Manufacturing, Vol.1, No.1, pp. 1-11, 2007.
-  T. Mouri, H. Kawasaki, and K. Umebayashi, “Developments of New Anthropomorphic Robot Hand and its Master Slave System,” Proc. of IROS2005, pp. 3474-3479, 2005.
-  M. Akai, “Joint Contracture: Its Prevention and Treatment,” The Japanese Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine, Vol.40, No.1, pp. 76-80, 2003 (in Japanese).
-  Research Institute of Human Engineering for Quality Life, “Human Body dimensions Data for Ergonomic Design,” Japan Publication Service Co., 1996 (in Japanese).
-  H. Yano, A. Inamura, R. Watanabe, and M. Agawa, “Torque Characteristics of Manual Load in Passive ROM Exercise for Knee Contracture,” The Journal of Japanese Physical Therapy Association, Vol.28, No.7, pp. 332-337, 2001, (in Japanese).
-  C. Glasgow, J.Wilton, and L. Tooth, “Optimal daily total end range time for contracture: resolution in hand splinting,” Journal of Hand Therapy, Vol.16, No.3, pp. 207-218, 2003.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2008 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.