Connected Two Units Crawlers to Realize Automatic Multiple Configurations as Search and Rescue Robot
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 77 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge, MA 02139 USA
-  http://www.mos.org/cst/article/1516/5.html
-  http://www.military.com/soldiertech/0,14632,Soldiertech_DragonRobot,,00.html
-  S. A. Stoeter, I. T. Burt, and N. Papanikolopoulos, “Scout Robot Motion Model,” Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, p. 90, Taipei, Taiwan, 2003.
-  H. Tsukagoshi, M. Sasaki, A. Kitagawa, and T. Tanaka, “Design of a Higher Jumping Rescue Robot with the Optimized Pneumatic Drive,” Proc. of 2005 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, Barcelona, April 18-22, 2005.
-  T. Takayama and S. Hirose, “Development of “Soryu I & II” –Connected Crawler Vehicle for Inspection of Narrow and Winding Space–,” Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.15, No.1, pp. 61-69, Feb., 2003.
-  http://www.foster-miller.com/literature/documents/TALON_Brochure.pdf
-  http://www.inuktun.com
-  http://www.inuktun.com/versatrax100.htm
-  http://www.foster-miller.com/lemming.htm
-  http://www.nosc.mil/robots/land/mprs/mprs.html
-  M. H. Bruch, G. A. Gilbreath, J. W. Muelhauser, and J. Q. Lum, “Accurate Waypoint Navigation Using Non-differential GPS,” AUVSI Unmanned Systems 2002, Lake Buena Vista, FL, July 9-11, 2002.
-  S. Y. Harmon, “The Ground Surveillance Robot (GSR): An Autonomous Vehicle Designed to Transit Unknown terain,” IEEE Journal of Robotics and Automation, Vol.RA-3, No.3, pp. 266-279, June, 1987.
-  http://www.inuktun.com/nanomag.htm
-  http://www.inuktun.com/versatrax150.htm
-  K. Osuka and H. Kitajima, “Development of Mobile Inspection Robot for Rescue Activities: MOIRA,” Proc. of the 2003 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Las Vegas, Nevada, October, 2003.
-  http://www.irobot.com/sp.cfm?pageid=109
-  http://www.furo.org/robot/Hibiscus/index.html
-  K. Tadakuma, “Joint Mechanism to Automatically Realize Multiple Configurations for a Connected Vehicle,” The First IEEE/RASEMBS Int. Conf. on Biomedical Robotics and Biomechatronics, Parallel Session 6: “Animal-Inspired Models and Mechanisms,” ISBN 1-4244-0040-6, Pisa-Italy, February, 2006.
-  C. Ye, S. Ma, and B. Li, “Design and Basic Experiments of a Shape-shifting Mobile Robot for Urban Search and Rescue,” 2006 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 3994-3999, October, 2006.
-  K. Arikawa and S. Hirose, “Development of quadruped walking robot TITAN-VIII,” IROS 96, Proc. of the 1996 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems ’96, Digital Object Identifier 10.1109/IROS.1996.570670, Vol.1, pp. 208-214, Nov. 4-8, 1996.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2008 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.