Control of Smooth Biped Walking by Means of Heel-Off Motion
Masahiro Doi*, Yasuhisa Hasegawa**, and Toshio Fukuda*
*Department of Micro-Nano Systems Engineering, Nagoya University, Furo-cho, Chikusa-ku, Nagoya, Aichi 464-8673, Japan
**Department of Intelligent Interaction Technologies, University of Tsukuba, 1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8573, Japan
-  A. Goswami, B. Espiau, and A. Keramane, “Limit cycles in a passive compass gait biped and passivity-mimicking control laws,” Autonomous Robots 4, Kluwer Academic Publishers, pp. 274-286, 1997.
-  K. Nishiwaki, S. Kagami, Y. Kuniyoshi, M. Inaba, and H. Inoue, “Online Generation of Humanoid Walking Motion based on a Fast Generation Method of Motion Pattern that Follows Desired ZMP,” The proceeding of the Int. Conf. Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 2684-2689, 2002.
-  H. Miura and I. Shimoyama, “Dynamic Walking of a biped,” The International Journal of Robotics Research, Vol.3, No.2, pp. 60-74, 1984.
-  J. W. Grizzle, G. Abba, and F. Plestan, “Asymptotically Stable Walking for Biped Robots: Analysis via Systems with Impulse Effects,” IEEE Transaction on Automatic Control, Vol.46, No.1, pp. 56-64, 2001.
-  S. Kajita, T. Yamaura, and A. Kobayashi, “Dynamic walking control of a biped robot along a potential conserving orbit,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics Automation, Vol.8, No.4, pp. 431-438, 1992.
-  E. R. Westervelt, G. Buche, and J. W. Grizzle, “Inducing Dynamically Stable Walking in an Underactuated Prototype Planar Biped,” The proceeding of Int. Conf. Robotics and Automation, pp. 4234-4239, 2004.
-  E. R. Westervelt, G. Buche, and J. W. Grizzle, “Experimental Validation of a Framework for the Design of Controllers that Induce Stable Walking in Planar Bipeds,” The International Journal of Robotics Research, Vol.24, No.6, pp. 559-582, 2004.
-  K. Hirai, M. Hirose, Y. Haikawa, and T. Takenaka, “The Development of Honda Humanoid Robot,” The proceeding of Int. Conf. Robotics and Automation, Vol.2, pp. 1321-1326, 1998.
-  A. Takanishi, M. Ishida, Y. Yamazaki, and I. Kato, “The Realization of Dynamic Walking Robot WL-10RD,” The proceeding of Int. Conf. Advanced Robotics, pp. 459-466, 1985.
-  M. Vukobratovic, B. Brovac, D. Surla, and D. Stokic, “Biped Locomotion: dynamics, stability, control, and application,” Springer-Verlag, 1990.
-  C. Chevallereau, “Time-Scaling Control for an Underactuated Biped Robot,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics Automation, Vol.19, No.2, pp. 362-368, 2003.
-  K. Ono, T. Furuichi, and R. Takahashi, “Self-Excited Walking of a Biped Mechanism With Feet,” The International Journal of Robotics Research, Vol.23, No.1, pp. 55-68, 2004.
-  J. Furusho and A. Sano, “Sensor-based Control of a Nine-Link Biped,” The International Journal of Robotics Research, Vol.9, No.2, pp. 83-98, 1990.
-  Y. Ehara and S. Yamamoto, “Analysis of Gait and Gait Initiation,” Ishiyaku Publishers, Inc., 2002 (in Japanese).
-  M. Doi, Y. Hasegawa, and T. Fukuda, “Passive Dynamic Autonomous Control of Bipedal Walking,” The proceeding of IEEERAS/RSJ Int. Conf. on Humanoid Robots 2004, Paper No.72.
-  M. Doi, T. Matsuno, Y. Hasegawa, and T. Fukuda, “Control of the Lateral Motion in Biped Walking Based on the Assumption of Point-contact,” JSME Journal Series C, 72-718, pp. 1832-1839, 2006 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2007 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.