Development of an Intraoperative Information Integration System and Implementation for Neurosurgery
Eisuke Aoki*, Masafumi Noguchi*, Jae-Sung Hong**,
Etsuko Kobayashi***, Ryoichi Nakamura****,
Takashi Maruyama****, Yoshihiro Muragaki****,
Hiroshi Iseki****, and Ichiro Sakuma***
*Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656, Japan
**Department of Nanobiomedicine, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3-1-1 Maidashi, Higashi-ku, Fukuoka 812-8582, Japan
***Department of Precision Engineering, School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656, Japan
****Institute of Advanced Biomedical Engineering and Science, Tokyo Women's Medical University, 8-1 Kawada-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 162-8666, Japan
-  K. Shimizu, S. Toyonori, E. Kobayashi, H. Inada, Y. Muragaki, T. Maruyama, H. Iseki, and I. Sakuma, “Application of blue semiconductor laser to measurement of 5-ALA induced fluorescence for intraoperative detection of brain tumor,” Proceeding of 6th Japan-France Congress on Mechatronics and 4th Asia-Europe Congress on Mechatronics, pp. 135-140, 2003.
-  M. Noguchi, E. Aoki, D. Yoshida, E. Kobayashi, S. Omori, Y. Muragaki, H. Iseki, K. Nakamura, and I. Sakuma, “A novel Robotic Laser Ablation System for Precision Neurosurgery with Intraoperative 5-ALA-induced PpIX Fluorescence Detection,” In Proceedings of 7th International conference, MICCAI 2006, pp. 543-550, Copenhagen, Denmark, Oct., 2006.
-  J. Hong, Y. Muragaki, T. Inomata, R. Nakamura, N. Hata, T. Dohi, and H. Iseki, “Intraoperative 3-D display of glioma for effective removal,” JSCAS, pp. 235-236, Tokyo, Japan, 2004.
-  E. Aoki, M. Noguchi, J. Hong, E. Kobayashi, R. Nakamura, T. Maruyama, Y. Muragaki, H. Iseki, and I. Sakuma, “Development and Evaluation of integrated surgical robotic platform for neurosurgery,” JSCAS, pp. 89-90, Chiba, Japan, 2005.
-  G. Coulouris, J. Dollimore, and T. Kindberg, “Distributed systems, Concepts and Design,”Wokingham, Addison-Wesley, 3rd ed., 2001.
-  P. Knappe, I. Gross, S. Pieck, J. Wahrburg, S. Kuenzler, and F. Kerschbaumer, “Position control of a surgical robot by a navigation system,” Proceedings 2003 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2003), Vol.3, pp. 3350-3354, 2003.
-  O. Schorr, N. Hata, A. Bzostek, R. Kumar, C. Burghart, R. H. Taylor, and R. Kikinis, “Distributed Modular Computer-Integrated Surgical Robotic Systems: Architecture for Intelligent Object Distribution,” Medical Image Computing and Computer-Assisted Intervention (MICCAI), pp. 979-987, 2000.
-  A. Bzostek, R. Kumar, N. Hata, O. Schorr, R. Kikinis, and R. H. Taylor, “Distributed Modular Computer-Integrated Surgical Robotic Systems: Implementation using modular software and network systems,” Medical Image Computing and Computer-Assisted Intervention (MICCAI), pp. 969-978, 2000.
-  S. Jia and K. Takase, “Internet-Based Robotic System Using CORBA as Communication Architecture,” Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, Vol.34, pp. 121-134, 2002.
-  D. Levine and S. Mungee, “The Design and Performance of Real-Time Object Request Brokers,” Computer Communications, Vol.21-4, 1998.
-  G. Pardo-Castellote and S. Schneider, “The network data delivery service: real-time data connectivity for distributed control applications,” Proceedings 1994 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Vol.4, pp. 2870-2876, 1994.
-  J. Tokuda, M. Hirano, T. Tsukamoto, T. Dohi, and N. Hata, “Real-Time Organ Motion Tracking and Fast Image Registration System for MRI-Guided Surgery,” Systems and Computers in Japan, Vol.37, No.1, pp. 83-92, 2006.
-  A. Pope, “The CORBA Reference Guide: Understanding the Common Object Request Broker Architecture,” Englewood Cliffs, NJ, Prentice Hall, 1998.
-  B. Dalton and K. Taylor, “Distributed Robotics over the Internet,” IEEE Rob. Autom. Mag. 7(2), pp. 22-27, 2000.
-  F. Cristian, “Probabilistic Clock Synchronization,” Distributed Computing, Vol.3, pp. 146-158, 1989.
-  http://www.slicer.org/
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2007 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.