Sound Localization and Separation for Mobile Robot Tele-Operation by Tri-Concentric Microphone Array
Yoko Sasaki*,**, Saori Masunaga**,***, Simon Thompson**,
Satoshi Kagami*,**,****, and Hiroshi Mizoguchi*,**
*Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Tokyo University of Science, 2641 Yamazaki, Noda-shi, Chiba, Japan
**Digital Human Research Center, National Institute of Advanced Science and Technology, 2-41-6 Aomi, Kouto-ku, Tokyo 135-0064, Japan
***Graduation School of Information Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama-cho, Ikoma-shi, Nara, Japan
****CREST Program, Japan Science and Technology Corporation (JST)
-  METI R3 Research Group (Ed.), “R3 – Real-time Remote Robotics,” Nikkan Kogyo Newspaper Co. Ltd., 1996 (in Japanese).
-  S. Maeyama, S. Yuta, and A. Harada, “Mobile robots in art museum for remote appreciation via internet,” In Proc. of 2002 International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems Workshop WS9 “Robots in Exhibitions,” pp. 23-28, 2002.
-  Y. Matsusaka, T. Tojo, S. Kubota, K. Furukawa, D. Tamiya, S. Fujie, and T. Kobayashi, “Multi-person conversation via multi-modal interface –a robot who communicate with multi-user–,” In Proc. of Euro speech 99, pp. 1723-1726, Budapest, Hungary, September 1999.
-  K. Nakadai, H. Nakajima, M. Murase, S. Kaijiri, K. Yamada, T. Nakamura, Y. Hasegawa, H. G. Okuno, and H. Tsujino, “Robust tracking of multiple sound sources by spatial integration of room and robot microphone arrays,” In Proc. of International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing 2006, pp. 929-932, Toulouse, France, May 2006.
-  D. H. Johnson and D. E. Dugeon, “Array Signal Processing: Concepts and Techniques,” Prentice Hall PTR, 1993.
-  M. Aoki, M. Okamoto, S. Aoki, H. Matsui, T. Sakurai, and Y. Kaneda, “Sound source segregation based on estimating incident angle of each frequency component of input signals acquired by multiple microphones,” Acoustical Science and Technology, Vol.22, No.2, pp. 149-157, 2001.
-  G. Kitagawa, “Monte carlo filter and smoother for non-gaussian nonlinear state space models,” J. of Computational and Graphical Statistics, Vol.5, pp. 1-25, 1996.
-  S. Thompson and S. Kagami, “Continuous curvature trajectory generation with obstacle avoidance for car-like robots,” In Proc. of International Conference on Computational Intelligence for Modelling Control and Automation (CIMCA2005), Vienna, November 2005.
-  J. J. Kuffner, “Efficient optimal search of euclidean-cost grids and lattices,” In Proc. of the IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, 2004.
-  D. Labonte, F. Michaud, P. Boissy, H. Corriveau, R. Cloutier, and M. A. Roux, “A pilot study on teleoperated mobile robots in home environments,” In Proc. of the 2006 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 4466-4471, Beijing, China, October 2006.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2007 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.