Development of Network Plug-in Actuator
Takuya Izuchi*, Munetoshi Hotta*, Takeo Oomichi*,
Shigeo Seki**, and Junji Koyama***
*Meijo University, 1-501 Shiogamaguchi, Tempaku, Nagoya 468-8502, Japan
**Tamagawa Seiki Co., Ltd., 1020 Kega, Iida, Nagano, Japan
***Harmonic Drive Systems Inc., 1856-1 Hotakamaki, Azumino, Nagano 399-8305, Japan
We propose an intelligent connector (ICN) that uses a network plug-in actuator (NPA) or an intelligent connector (ICN) to reduce the number of signal and power cables and integrates an AC servomotor and motor drive with serial signal wires using a controller area Network (CAN). The ICN connects the NPA and a controller such as a personal computer and connects different networks such as the Ethernet, CAN, IEEE1394, or USB. We developed an NPA series from 5 W to 750 W and verified their functions. We also evaluated the ICN performance using the NPA. This system was installed on an “econovehicle” and its effectiveness was successfully demonstrated.
-  T. Mouri, H. Kawasaki, M. Kitano, and N. Hanada, “Development of Interconnection-saving System for Robots,” Proceedings of the 21th Annual conference of the Robotics Society of Japan, 2B15(CDR), 2003.
-  N. Kyura, “The robotics development and research in Yasukawa Electric Mfg co. Ltd.,” Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.8, No.1, pp. 78-80, 2000.
-  T12-1605N3 in AC servo motor catalog of TBL-i II Series, TAMAGAWA SEIKI CO. LTD., 2000.
-  HDS actuator catalog 9903-12R-ACM, Harmonic Drive Systems Inc., 1999.
-  HDS reduction gear catalog of HPG series 0397-9R-ACM, Harmonic Drive Systems Inc., 2003.
-  T. Oomichi and A. Sugiura, “The Design Simulator of Intelligent Motion Control for Improving Locomotion Robot Velocity,” Journal of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, chapter C, Vol.70, No.698, pp. 2877-2885, 2004.
-  H. Yosioka, “Mechanism and behavior of class D circuit,” Transistor Gijutsu, CQ publishing Co. Ltd., Vol.41, No.3, pp. 163-169, 2004.
-  S. Asai, “Design Technique of H bridge circuits,” Transistor Gijutsu, CQ publishing Co. Ltd., Vol.41, No.3, pp. 170-173, 2004.
-  H. Hagino, “Drive method of DC motor with brush,” Transistor Gijutsu, CQ publishing Co. Ltd., Vol.43, No.10, pp. 200-207, 2006.
-  “Development of Network Plug-In Actuator,” Report of the Strategic Basic Technology Reinforcement Project of the Organization for Small and Medium Enterprises and Regional Innovation, Japan (SMRJ), the Japan Robot Association, 2006
-  T. Izuchi, M. Hotta, M. Oyama, and T. Oomichi, “Development of Network Plug-in Actuator –Development of exothermic evaluation simulator–,” Proceedings of 6th System Integration Division Annual conference of the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, 3C4-1, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2007 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.