Development of Network Plug-in Actuator
Takuya Izuchi*, Munetoshi Hotta*, Takeo Oomichi*,
Shigeo Seki**, and Junji Koyama***
*Meijo University, 1-501 Shiogamaguchi, Tempaku, Nagoya 468-8502, Japan
**Tamagawa Seiki Co., Ltd., 1020 Kega, Iida, Nagano, Japan
***Harmonic Drive Systems Inc., 1856-1 Hotakamaki, Azumino, Nagano 399-8305, Japan
We propose an intelligent connector (ICN) that uses a network plug-in actuator (NPA) or an intelligent connector (ICN) to reduce the number of signal and power cables and integrates an AC servomotor and motor drive with serial signal wires using a controller area Network (CAN). The ICN connects the NPA and a controller such as a personal computer and connects different networks such as the Ethernet, CAN, IEEE1394, or USB. We developed an NPA series from 5 W to 750 W and verified their functions. We also evaluated the ICN performance using the NPA. This system was installed on an “econovehicle” and its effectiveness was successfully demonstrated.
Shigeo Seki, and Junji Koyama, “Development of Network Plug-in Actuator,” J. Robot. Mechatron., Vol.19, No.2, pp. 232-242, 2007.
-  T. Mouri, H. Kawasaki, M. Kitano, and N. Hanada, “Development of Interconnection-saving System for Robots,” Proceedings of the 21th Annual conference of the Robotics Society of Japan, 2B15(CDR), 2003.
-  N. Kyura, “The robotics development and research in Yasukawa Electric Mfg co. Ltd.,” Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.8, No.1, pp. 78-80, 2000.
-  T12-1605N3 in AC servo motor catalog of TBL-i II Series, TAMAGAWA SEIKI CO. LTD., 2000.
-  HDS actuator catalog 9903-12R-ACM, Harmonic Drive Systems Inc., 1999.
-  HDS reduction gear catalog of HPG series 0397-9R-ACM, Harmonic Drive Systems Inc., 2003.
-  T. Oomichi and A. Sugiura, “The Design Simulator of Intelligent Motion Control for Improving Locomotion Robot Velocity,” Journal of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, chapter C, Vol.70, No.698, pp. 2877-2885, 2004.
-  H. Yosioka, “Mechanism and behavior of class D circuit,” Transistor Gijutsu, CQ publishing Co. Ltd., Vol.41, No.3, pp. 163-169, 2004.
-  S. Asai, “Design Technique of H bridge circuits,” Transistor Gijutsu, CQ publishing Co. Ltd., Vol.41, No.3, pp. 170-173, 2004.
-  H. Hagino, “Drive method of DC motor with brush,” Transistor Gijutsu, CQ publishing Co. Ltd., Vol.43, No.10, pp. 200-207, 2006.
-  “Development of Network Plug-In Actuator,” Report of the Strategic Basic Technology Reinforcement Project of the Organization for Small and Medium Enterprises and Regional Innovation, Japan (SMRJ), the Japan Robot Association, 2006
-  T. Izuchi, M. Hotta, M. Oyama, and T. Oomichi, “Development of Network Plug-in Actuator –Development of exothermic evaluation simulator–,” Proceedings of 6th System Integration Division Annual conference of the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, 3C4-1, 2005.
Copyright© 2007 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.