Development of a Portable Multipurpose Controller for Mechatronics Education
Kazuhito Hyodo*, Hirokazu Noborisaka*, Keijiro Yamamoto*,
and Takashi Yada**
*Kanagawa Institute of Technology, 1030 Shimo-Ogino, Atsugi, Kanagawa 243-0292, Japan
**ZUCO Co.Ltd, 13-4 Higashi-Naruse, Isehara, Kanagawa 259-1117, Japan
The control module we developed for mechatronics education, consists of a Field-programmable gate array (FPGA), a Programmable System-On-Chip (PSoC) and Game Boy Advance (GBA). The FPGA and PSoC provide a reconfigurable peripheral module and the GBA provides computational power and an interactive user interface. The interactive user interface is very useful for developing educational materials, and the control module enables educators to develop a variety of educational materials.
-  K. Ogawa, Y. Ando, M. Mizukawa, and C. Kasuga, “Proposal of the Open Development System for Mechatronics Educational Material,” 20th Annual Conference of the Robotics Society of Japan, 2002.
-  S. Hirakawa, M. Mizukawa, Y. Ando, R. Kobayashi, M. Inagaki, and H. Hasegawa, “Development of the Educational Materials for the Microcomputer System Development Practice for third grade students,” SICE System Integration Division Annual Conference, 2004.
-  M. Minahara and K. Inagaki, “A Hierarchical Education System for Mechatronics by Use of Creative Design Subject,” SICE System Integration Division Annual Conference, 2004.
-  H. Maeda, H. Yokote, T. Sano, and K. Ioi, “Development of Handmade Material for Mechatronics Education,” SICE System Integration Division Annual Conference, 2004.
-  H. Mitsuhashi, M. Minahara, and K. Inagaki, “Generalization of USB Type Interface Board for Mechatronics Education,” 2004 JSME Conference on Robotics and Mechatronics, 2004.
-  Y. Takahashi and M. Kohda, “Simple Humanoid Biped Robot with PIC Microcomputer for University Education,” Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.17, No.2, pp. 226-231, 2005.
-  R. Kawatani, “Mechatronics Education using Graphing Calculator TI-92PLUS,” 2003 JSME Conference on Robotics and Mechatronics, 2003.
-  K. Hyodo, H. Noborisaka, and N. Hikima, “Development of Open Controller for Mechatronics Education,” 2005 JSME Conference on Robotics and Mechatronics, 2005.
-  S. Kotosaka, “Open Hardware Concept for Robot Technology,” SICE System Integration Division Annual Conference, 2003.
-  M. Kumagai, “Potential of Sharing Technical Knowledge as Open Hardware –Response to opened knowledge and their effects–,” SICE System Integration Division Annual Conference, 2003.
-  K. Hyodo, H. Noborisaka, K. Yamamoto, and Y. Urano, “Development of Prototyping Platform for Robot Controller,” SICE System Integration Division Annual Conference, 2003.
-  R. J. Pulskamp and J. A. Delaney, “Computer and Calculator Computation of Elementary Functions,” UMAP Journal 12, pp. 317-348, 1991.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2007 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.