Configuration-Based Wheel Control for Step-Climbing Vehicle
Daisuke Chugo*, Kuniaki Kawabata**, Hayato Kaetsu**,
Hajime Asama***, and Taketoshi Mishima****
*The University of Electro-Communications, 5-1-5 Chofugaoka, Chofu, Tokyo 182-8585, Japan
**RIKEN (The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research), 2-1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351-0198, Japan
***The University of Tokyo, 5-1-5 Kashiwanoha, Kashiwa, Chiba 277-8568, Japan
****Saitama University, 255 Shimo-Ookubo, Saimata, Saitama 338-8570, Japan
-  G Campion, G. Bastin, and B. D. Andrea-Novel, “Structural Properties and Classification of Kinematic and Dynamic Models of Wheeeled Mobile Robots,” in IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.12, No.1, pp. 47-62, 1996.
-  M. Ichikawa, “Wheel arrangements for Wheeled Vehicle,” Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.13, No.1, pp. 107-112, 1995.
-  G. Endo and S. Hirose, “Study on Roller-Walker: System Integration and Basic Experiments,” in Proc. of the 1999 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics & Automation, pp. 2032-2037, 1999.
-  T. McGeer, “Passive dynamic walking,” The Int. Journal of Robotics Research, Vol.9, No.2, pp. 62-82, 1990.
-  M. Wada and H. Asada, “Design and Control of a Variabel Footpoint Mechanism for Holonomic Omnidirectional Vehicles and its Application to Wheelchairs,” in IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.15, No.6, pp. 078-989, 1999.
-  S. Hirose and S. Amano, “The VUTON: High Payload,High Efficiency Holonomic Omni-Directional Vehicle,” in Proc. of the 6ht Symp. on Robotics Research, pp. 253-260, 1993.
-  D. Chugo, K. Kawabata, H. Kaetsu, H. Asama, and T. Mishima, “Development of omini-directional vehicle with step-climbing ability,” in Proc. of the 1003 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3849-3854, 2003.
-  H. Asama, M. Sato, L. Bogoni, H. Kaetsu, A. Matsumoto, and I. Endo, “Development of an Omni-Directional Movile Robot with 3DOF Decoupling Drive Mechanism,” in Proc. of the 1995 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1925-1930, 1995.
-  H. W. Stone, “Mars Pathfinder Microover: A Low-Cost, Low-Power Spacecraft,” in Proc. of the 1996 AIAA Forum on Advanced Developments in Space Robotics, 1996.
-  M. Thianwiboon, V. Sangveraphunsiri, and R. Chancharoen, “Rocker-Bogie Suspension Performance,” The 11th Int. Pacific Conf. in Automotive Engineering, Shanghai, China, IPC2001D079, 2001.
-  D. Chugo, K. Kawabata, H. Kaetsu, H. Asama, and T. Mishima, “Mechanical Design of Step-Climbing Vehicle with Passive Linkages,” in Proc. of the 8ht Int. Conf. on Climbing and Walking Robots, pp. 287-294, 2005.
-  B. Carisle, “An Omni-Directional Mobile Robot,” Developments in Robotics 1983, IFS Publications Ltd., pp. 79-87, 1983.
-  D. Chugo, K. Kawabata, H. Kaetsu, H. Asama, and T. Mishima, “Development of Control System for Omni directional Vehicle with Step-Climbing Ability,” in Proc. of the 4th Int. Conf. on Field and Service Robotics, pp. 121-126, 2003.
-  Y. Kuroda, K. Kondo, K. Nakamura, Y. Kunii, and T. Kubota, “Low Power Mobility System for Micro Planetary Rover Micro5,” in Proc. of the 5ht Int. Symp. on Artificial Intelligence, Robotics and Automation in Space (i-SAIRAS99), pp. 77-82, 1999.
-  P. Lamon, A. Krebs, M. Lauria, S. Shooter, and R. Siegwart, “Wheel torque control for a rough terrain rover,” in Proc. of the Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 4682-4687, 2004.
-  K. Yoshida and H. Hamano, “Motion Dynamic of a Rover With Slip-Based Traction Model,” in Proc. of the 2002 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics & Automation, pp. 3155-3160, 2001.
-  D. Chugo, K. Kawabata, H. Kaetsu, H. Asama, and T. Mishima, “Develipment of a Control System for an Omni Directional Vehicle with Step-Climbing Ability,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.19, No.1, pp. 51-71, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2007 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.