Detecting Feature of Haptic Interaction Based on Distributed Tactile Sensor Network on Whole Body
Tomoyuki Noda*,***, Takahiro Miyashita**,
Hiroshi Ishiguro*,**,***, Kiyoshi Kogure****,
and Norihiro Hagita**
*Pioneering Integrated Engineering, Osaka University
**Intelligent Robotics and Communication Laboratories, ATR
***Asada Synergistic Intelligence Project, ERATO, JST
****Knowledge Science Laboratories, ATR
-  T. Miyashita, T. Tajika, K. Shinozawa, H. Ishiguro, K. Kogure, and N. Hagita, “Human Position and Posture Detection based on Tactile Information of the Whole Body,” In Proc. of IEEE/RSJ 2004 International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems Workshop (IROS’04 WS), Sep., 2004.
-  M. Inaba, Y. Hoshino, K. Nagasaka, T. Ninomiya, S. Kagami, and H. Inoue, “A Full-Body Tactile Sensor Suit Using Electrically Conductive Fabric and Strings,” Proc. 1996 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 96), Vol.2, pp. 450-457, 1996.
-  F. Naya, J. Yamato, and K. Shinozawa, “Recognizing Human Touching Behaviors using a Haptic Interface for a Pet-robot,” Proc. 1999 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (SMC’99), pp. II-1030-1034.
-  H. Iwata, H. Hoshino, T. Morita, and S. Sugano, “Force Detectable Surface Covers for Humanoid Robots,” Proc. 2001 IEEE/ASME International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics (AIM’01), pp. 1205-1210, 2001.
-  H. Iwata and S. Sugano, “Whole-body covering tactile interface for human robot coordination,” Proceedings –IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Vol.4, pp. 3818-3824, 2002.
-  H. Shinoda, N. Asamura, T. Yuasa, M. Hakozaki, X. Wang, H. Itai, Y. Makino, and A. Okada, “Two-Dimensional Communication Technology Inspired by Robot Skin,” Proc. IEEE TExCRA 2004 (Technical Exhibition Based Conf. on Robotics and Automation), pp. 99-100, 2004.
-  A. Iwashita and M. Shimojo, “Development of a Mixed Signal LSI for Tactile Data Processing,” in Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Systems, Man and Cybernetics 2004 (SMC2004), 2004.
-  Z. Pan, H. Cui, and Z. Zhu, “A Flexible Full-body Tactile Sensor of Low Cost and Minimal Connections,” Proc. 2003 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (SMC’03), Vol.3, pp. 2368-2373, 2003.
-  Y. Takahashi, K. Nishiwaki, S. Kagami, H. Mizoguchi, and H. Inoue, “High-speed Pressure Sensor Grid for Humanoid Robot Foot,” Proceedings of 2005 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS2005), Edmonton, Canada, pp. 1097-1102, Aug., 2005.
-  H. Kawaguchi, T. Someya, T. Sekitani, and T. Sakurai, “Cut-and-Paste Customization of Organic FET Integrated Circuit and Its Application to Electronic Artificial Skin,” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, Vol.40, No.1, pp. 177-185, January, 2005.
-  D. B. Johnson, D. A. Maltz, A. Y. Hu, and J. G. Jetcheva, “The Dynamic Source Routing Protocol for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks,” Internet Draft, draft-ietf-manet-dsr-05.tst, 2001.
-  J. Heidemann, F. Silva, C. Intanagonwiwat, R. Govindan, D. Estrin, and D. Ganesan, “Building EfficientWireless Sensor Networks with Low-Level Naming,” Proceedings of SOSP 2001, Oct., 2001.
-  C. Intanagonwiwat, R. Govindan, and D. Estrin, “Directed diffusion: A scalable and robust communication paradigm for sensor networks,” In Proceedings of the Sixth Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCOM ’00), Boston, Massachussetts, August, 2000.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2007 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.