Development of a Real-Time Tunable Spring - Toward Independent Control of Position and Stiffness of Joints -
Takuya Umedachi*, Yasutake Yamada**, and Akio Ishiguro*
*Department of Electrical and Communication Engineering, Tohoku University, 6-6-05 Aoba, Aramaki, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-8579, Japan
**Logistic & Automation Division, Murata Machinery, Ltd., 2 Nakajima, Hashizume, Inuyama, Aichi 484-8502, Japan
-  T. Morita and S. Sugano, “Mechanical Softness and Compliance Adjustment,” JRSJ, Vol.17, No.6, pp. 790-794, 1999.
-  K. Koganezawa and Y. Shimizu, “Mechanical Stiffness Control of Tendon Driven Multi-DOF joint by the Actuator with Non Linear Elastic System,” JRSJ, Vol.22, No.8, pp. 1043-1049, 2004.
-  T. Shirai, S. Tanaka, and T. Ito, “Control of Joint Stiffness, Torque and Joint Angle by Using Non-Linear Spring SAT,” Proceeding of the 2005 JSME Conference on Robotics and Mechatronics, 1A1-N-075, 2005.
-  J. W. Hurst, J. E. Chestnutt, and A. A. Rizzi, “An Actuator with Physically Variable Stiffness for Highly Dynamic Legged Locomotion,” Proceedings of the 2004 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, 2004.
-  G. Tonietti, R. Schiavi, and A. Bicchi, “Design and Control of Variable Stiffness Actuator for Safe and Fast Physical Human/Robot Interaction,” Proceedings of the 2005 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, 2005.
-  S. A. Migliore, E. A. Brown, and S. P. DeWeerth, “Biologically Inspired Joint Stiffness Control,” Proceedings of the 2005 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, 2005.
-  T. Matsuda and S. Murata, “Antagonistic Variable Stiffness Joint Using Noncircular Gears,” Proceedings of the 23rd Annual Conference of the Robotics Society of Japan, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2007 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.