Development of a Quadruped Walking Robot TITAN XI for Steep Slope Operation - Step Over Gait to Avoid Concrete Frames on Steep Slopes -
Ryuichi Hodoshima*, Takahiro Doi**, Yasushi Fukuda***,
Shigeo Hirose*, Toshihito Okamoto****, and Junichi Mori****
*Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering of Science and Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 2-12-1 Ookayama, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 152-8552, Japan
**Life System Science and Technology, Chukyo University, 101 Tokodachi, Kaizu-cho, Toyota-shi, Aichi 470-0393, Japan
***Mechanical System of Engineering, Tamagawa University, 6-1-1 Tamagawagakuen, Machida-shi, Tokyo 194-8610, Japan
****TAISHO KENSETU Corporation, 2695 Kaneda, Chosei-mura, Chosei-gun, Chiba 299-4332, Japan
-  R. Hodoshima et al., “Development of TITAN XI: a Quadruped-Walking Robot to Work on Slopes – Design of system and mechanism,” Proceedings of IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 792-797, August, 2004.
-  S. Hirose et al., “The Gait Control System of a Quadruped Walking Vehicle,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.1, No.4, pp. 289-323, 1986.
-  S. Hirose et al., “Normalized Energy Stability Margin and its Contour of Walking Vehicles on Rough Terrain,” Proceedings of International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 181-186, May, 2001.
-  S. Hirose and K. Yokoi, “The Standing Posture Transformation Gait of a Quadruped Walking Vehicle,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.2, No.4, pp. 345-359, 1988.
-  R. B. McGhee and A. A. Frank, “On the stability properties of quadruped creeping gaits,” Mathematical Biosciences, Vol.3, pp. 331-351, 1968.
-  H. Tsukagoshi and S. Hirose, “Intermittent crawl gait for quadruped walking vehicles on rough terrain,” Proceedings of International Conference Climbing and Walking Robots, pp. 323-328, November, 1998.
-  R. Volpe et al., “Enhanced Mars Rover Navigation Techniques,” Proceedings of International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 926-931, April, 2000.
-  E. Krotov and R. Hoffman, “Terrain mapping for walking planetary rover,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, Vol.6, No.10, pp. 728-739, 1994.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2007 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.