HM-ICP: Fast 3-D Registration Algorithm with Hierarchical and Region Selection Approach of M-ICP
Haruhisa Okuda*, Yasuo Kitaaki*, Manabu Hashimoto*,
and Shun’ichi Kaneko**
*Advanced Technology R&D Center, Mitsubishi Electric Corp., 8-1-1 Tsukaguchi-Honmachi, Amagasaki, Hyogo 661-8661, Japan
**Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Hokkaido University, Kita 14, Nishi 9, Kita-ku, Sapporo 060-0814, Japan
-  K. Ikeuchi and K. S. Hong, “Toward automatic generation of object recognition program,” Proc. of IEEE, Vol.76, No.8, pp. 1016-1035, 1988.
-  Y. Sumi, Y. Kawai, T. Yoshimi, and F. Tomita, “Recognition of 3D Free-Form Objects Using Segment-Based Stereo Vision,” Proc. of Sixth Int’l Conf. on Computer Vision, ICCV’98, pp. 668-674, 1998.
-  Y. Sumi, Y. Ishiyama, and F. Tomita, “Hyper Frame Vision: A Real-Time Vision System for 6-DOF Object Localization,” Proc. ICPR02, III, pp. 577-580, 2002.
-  P. J. Besl and N. D. McKay, “A Method for Registration of 3-D Shapes,” IEEE Trans. on PAMI, Vol.14, No.2, pp. 673-689, 1992.
-  H. Murase and S. K. Nayar, “Appearance-based detection of 3D objects in cluttered scenes,” Pattern Recognition Letters, Vol.18, pp. 375-384, 1997.
-  T. Takeguchi, T. Kondo, S. Kaneko, and S. Igarashi, “Object Recognition based on Depth Aspect Image Matching,” IAPR Workshop on Machine Vision Applications (MVA2000), pp. 476-480, 2000.
-  S. Kaneko, T. Kondo, A. Miyamoto, and S. Igarashi, “Robust ICP Registration Algorithm Extended by M-estimation,” Trans. on JSPE (The Japan Society for Precision Engineering), Vol.67, No.8, pp. 1276-1280, 2001 (in Japanese).
-  S.Kaneko, T. Kondo, and A. Miyamoto, “Robust Matching of 3D Contours Using Iterative Closest Point Algorithm Improved by M-estimation,” Pattern Recognition, Vol.36, No.9, pp. 2041-2047, 2003.
-  R. Kurazume, K. Noshino, Z. Zhang, and K. Ikeuchi, “Simultaneous 2D images and 3D geometric model registration for texture mapping utilizing reflectance attribute,” Proc. of Fifth Asian Conference on Computer Vision (ACCV), Vol.1, pp. 99-106, 2002.
-  K. Nishino and K. Ikeuchi, “Robust simultaneous registration of multiple range images,” Proceedings of the Fifth Asian Conference on Computer Vision, pp. 454-461, January, 2002.
-  B. Ma, R. E. Ellis, and D. J. Fleet, “Spotlights: A robust method for surface-based registration in orthopedic surgery,” Medical Image Computing and Computer-Assisted Intervention – MICCAI’99, Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science 1496, pp. 936-944, 1999.
-  M. Hirooka, K. Sumi, M. Hashimoto, H. Okuda, and S. Kuroda, “Hierarchical Distributed Template Matching,” Proc. of SPIE Symposium on Electronic Imaging and Science and Technology, Vol.3029, pp. 176-183, 1997.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2006 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.