Object Modeling Using Gaussian Mixture Model for Infrared Image and its Application to Vehicle Detection
Makito Seki, Haruhisa Okuda, Manabu Hashimoto,
and Nami Hirata
Advanced Technology R&D Center, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, 8-1-1 Tsukaguchi-Honmachi, Amagasaki, Hyogo 661-8661, Japan
-  C. Stauffer and W. E. L. Grimson, “Adaptive background mixture models for real-time tracking,” CVPR99, pp. 246-252, 1999.
-  T. Matsuyama, T. Ohya, and H. Habe, “Background Subtraction for Non-Stationary Scenes,” Proc. of ACCV, pp. 662-667, 2000.
-  M. Seki, T. Wada, H. Fujiwara, and K. Sumi, “Background subtraction based on cooccurrence of image variations,” Proc. of CVPR, Vol.II, pp. 65-72, 2003.
-  S. Der, A. Chan, N. Nasrabadi, and H. Kwon, “Automated Vehicle Detection in Forward-Looking Infrared Imagery,” Applied Optics, Vol.43, Issue 2, pp. 333-348, 2004.
-  M. Kagesawa, S. Ueno, K, Ikeuchi, and H. Kashiwagi, “Recognizing vehicles in infrared images using IMAP parallel visionboard,” IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Vol.2, No.1, pp. 10-17, 2001.
-  S. Eminoglu, D. S. Tezcan, M. Y. Tanrikulu, and T. Akin, “Lowcost uncooled infrared detectors in CMOS process,” Sensors and Actuators A, Vol.109/1-2, pp. 102-113, Dec., 2003.
-  M. Seki, K. Sumi, H. Taniguchi, and M. Hashimoto, “Gaussian Mixture Model for Object Recognition,”MIRU2004, pp. I-344-349, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  A. Dempster, N. Laird, and D. Rubin, “Maximum likelihood from incomplete data via the EM algorithm,” Journal of Royal Statistical Society, Vol.39, pp. 1-38, 1977.
-  F. Ullah, S. Kaneko, and S. Igarashi, “Object Search Using Orientation Histogram Intersection,” Proc. of FCV2000, pp. 110-115, 2000.
-  H. Saito and M. Kimura, “Superquadrics Modeling of Multiple Objects from Shading Images Using Genetic Algorithms,” 22nd International Conference on Industrial Electronics, Control, and Instrumentation, pp. 1589-1593, Taipei, August, 1996.
-  H. Makita, N. Murakami, H. Tanahashi, K. Kato, and K. Yamamoto, “Extraction of Superquadrics from Cylindrical Data using Genetic Algorithm,” Vision Interface, 1998, pp. 189-196, June, 1998.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2006 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.