Development of DMD Reflection-Type CCD Camera for Phase Analysis and Shape Measurement
Shien Ri*, Yasuhiro Matsunaga**, Motoharu Fujigaki***,
Toru Matui***, and Yoshiharu Morimoto***
*Research Fellow of the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, Graduate School of Systems Engineering, Wakayama University, 930 Sakaedani, Wakayama 640-8510, Japan
**Graduate School of Systems Engineering, Wakayama University, 930 Sakaedani, Wakayama 640-8510, Japan
***Department of Opto-Mechatronics, Faculty of Systems Engineering, Wakayama University, 930 Sakaedani, Wakayama 640-8510, Japan
-  F. Chen, G. M. Brown, and M. Song, “Overview of threedimensional shape measurment using optical methods,” Opt. Eng., 39(1), pp. 10-22, 2000.
-  V. Srinivasan, C. Liu, and M. Halioua, “Automated phase-measuring profilometry of 3-D diffuse objects,” Appl. Opt. 23(18), pp. 3105-3108, 1984.
-  S. Kakunai, T. Sakamoto, and K. Iwata, “Profile Measurement Taken with Liquid-crystal Gratings,” Appl. Opt. 38(13), pp. 2824-2828, 1999.
-  M. Fujigaki, Y. Morimoto, and W. G. Kim, “Development of Realtime Display System for Contour Line and Equal-displacement Line by Phase Shifting Scanning Moiré Method,” Journal of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, 66(8), pp. 1221-1225, 2000 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Morimoto, M. Fujigaki, and H. Toda, “Real-time Shape Measurement by Integrated Phase-Shifting Method,” Proc. SPIE 3744, pp. 118-125, 1999.
-  Y. Morimoto and M. Fujigaki, “Japan Patent, Means and Equipment of real-time shape measurement using DMD,” No.3507865, 2001.
-  M. Fujigaki, Y. Morimoto, and Q. Gao, “Shape and Displacement Measurement by Phase-shifting Scanning Moiré Method Using Digital Micro-mirror Device,” ICEM2001, Proc. SPIE 4537, pp. 362-365, 2001.
-  M. Fujigaki, Q. Gao, and Y. Morimoto, “High-speed phase-shifting method for shape measurement using digital micro-mirror device,” ATEM’03, JSME-MIMD, OS01W0414 (CD-ROM), Sep. 10-12, 2003.
-  Q. Gao, M. Fujigaki, and Y. Morimoto, “Application of Digital Micro-Mirror Device to Deformation Measurement,” Key Engineering Materials, 243-244, pp. 189-194, 2003.
-  L. J. Hornbeck, “Deformable-mirror Spatial Light Modulators,” SPIE Critical Reviews Series, 1150, pp. 86-102, 1989.
-  J. B. Sampsell, “An Overview of the Digital Micromirror Device (DMD) and its Application to Projection Displays,” Society for Information Display International Symposium Digest of Technical Paper, 24, pp. 1012-1015, 1993.
-  L. J. Hornbeck, “Digital Light Processing for High-Brightness, High-Resolution Applications,” Proc. SPIE 3013, pp. 27-40, 1997.
-  J. M. Florence and L. A. Yoder, “Display System Architectures for Digital Micromirror Device (DMDTM) Based Projectors,” Proc. SPIE 2650, pp. 193-208, 1996.
-  M. R. Douglass and D. M. Kozuch, “DMD reliability assessment for large-area displays,” in Society for Information Display International Symposium Digest of Technical Papers, 26, pp. 49-52, 1995.
-  K. J. Kearney and Z. Ninkov, “Characterization of a digital micromirror device for use as an optical mask in imaging and spectroscopy,” Proc. SPIE 3292, pp. 81-92, 1998.
-  C. E. MacAulay and A. L. P. Dlugan, “Use of digital micromirror devices in quantitative microscopy,” Proc. SPIE 3260, pp. 201-206, 1998.
-  L. P. Dlugan, C. E. MacAulay, and P. M. Lane, “Improvements to quantitative microscopy through the use of digital micromirror devices,” Proc. SPIE 3921, pp. 6-11, 2000.
-  R. S. Nesbitt, S. L. Smith, R. A. Molnar, and S. A. Benton, “Holographic recording using a digital micromirror device,” Proc. SPIE 3637, pp. 12-20, 1999.
-  L. A. Yoder, W. M. Duncan, E. M. Koontz, J. So, T. A. Bartlett, B. L. Lee, B. D. Sawyers, D. Powell, and P. Rancuret, “DLP technolgy: applications in optical networking,” Proc. SPIE 4457, pp. 54-61, 2001.
-  S. K. Nayar, V. Branzoi, and T. E. Boult, “Programmable Imaging using a Digital Micromirror Array,” in Proceedings of IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 436-443, 2004.
-  J. Hu, M. Song, Y. Sun, and Y. Li, “Measurement of modulation transfer function of charge-coupled devices using frequency variable sine grating patterns,” Opt. Eng. 38(7), pp. 1200-1204, 1999.
-  S. Ri, M. Fujigaki, T. Matui, and Y. Morimoto, “Pixel-to-pixel correspondence adjustment in DMD camera by moiré methodology,” Experimental Mechanics, 46(1), pp. 67-75, 2006.
-  ViALUX GmbH, ALP Product Sheet, Chemnitz, 2003.
-  W. Osten, T. Haist, and K. Korner, “Active Approaches in Optical Metrology,” Proc. of Intl. Conf. On Laser Applications and Optical Metrology, pp. 9-19, 2003.
-  M. Fujigaki, Y. Morimoto, and S. Ri, “Improvement of accuracy of shape measurement using DMD Reflection-type CCD camera,” Proc. SPIE 5852, pp. 552-558, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2006 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.