Clothes Folding Task by Tool-Using Robot
Fumiaki Osawa*, Hiroaki Seki**, and Yoshitsugu Kamiya**
*Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Daido Institute of Technology, 10-3 Takiharu-cho, Minami-ku, Nagoya 457-8530, Japan
**Faculty of Engineering, Kanazawa University, Kakuma-machi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 920-1192, Japan
-  M. Whittaker, “HANDY1 Robotic Aid to Eating: A Study in Social Impact,” Proc. RESNA Int.’92, pp. 589-594, 1992.
-  G. Verburg et al., “An Evaluation of the MANUS Wheelchair Mounted Manipulator,” Proc. RESNA Int.’92, pp. 602-604, 1992.
-  P. M. Taylor, “Sensory Robotics for the Handling of Limp Materials,” Springer-Verlag, 1990.
-  G. J. Monkman, “Robot Grippers for Use with Fibrous Materials,” Int. Jour. of Robotics Research, Vol.14, No.2, pp. 144-151, 1995.
-  N. Fahantidis et al., “Robot handling of Flat Textile Materials,” IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine, pp. 34-41, March, 1997.
-  E. Torgerson and F. W. Paul, “Vision Guided Robotic Manipulation for Apparel Manufacturing,” Proc. 1987 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.2, pp. 1196-1202, 1987.
-  K. Paraschidis et al., “A Robotic System for Handling Textile Materials,” Proc. 1995 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.3, pp. 1769-1774, 1995.
-  T. Kabaya and M. Kakikura, “Service Robot for Housekeeping –Clothing Handling–,” Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.10, No.3, pp. 252-257, 1998.
-  E. Ono et al., “Unfolding a Folded Fabric Using Information of Outline with Vision and touch Sensor,” Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.15, No.2, pp. 275-283, 1997.
-  K. Hamajima and M. Kakikura, “Planning Strategy for Task Untangling Laundry –Isolating Clothes from a Washed Mass–,” Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.10, No.3, pp. 244-251, 1998.
-  K. Hamajima and M. Kakikura, “Planning Strategy for Task of Unfolding Clothes –Classification of Clothes–,” Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.12. No.5, pp. 577-584, 2000.
-  F. Osawa and M. Kakikura, “A Design Method for Effective Grasping of Washed Clothes,” Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.19, No.6, pp. 59-67, 2001.
-  M. Takano et al., “Development of Indoor Movile Robot System Based on RECS Concept,” Proc of 4th Int. Conf. on Automation, Robotics and Computer Vision, pp. 868-872, 1996.
-  F. Osawa, H. Seki, and Y. Kamiya, “Laundering Tasks Performed by a Robot –Spreading Out and Sorting of Crumpled the Clothes–,” Japan-USA Symposium on Flexible Automation, JS017, 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2006 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.