Gain Scheduling Controller Design for Two-Rotor Hovering System and its Experimental Verification
Makoto Yamashita*, Masami Saeki**, Nobutaka Wada**,
and Izumi Masubuchi**
*Morita Corporation, 1-11-1 Akashiadai, Sanda, Hyogo 180, Japan
**Department of Mechanical System Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Hiroshima University, 1-4-1 Kagamiyama, Higashi-Hiroshima, Hiroshima 739-8527, Japan
We propose two design methods of a gain scheduling controller for flight control of two-rotor hovering system. We first propose a method of converting whole dynamics of the hovering system to a linear parameter-varying (LPV) system at once. Secondly, we propose a method of linearizing longitudinal dynamics of the system exactly and converting remaining dynamics to an LPV system. In both cases, the state feedback gain scheduling controller is designed for the obtained LPV system by solving a convex optimization problem with linear matrix inequality (LMI) constraints. Experimental results show the effectiveness of the proposed methods.
-  P. Apkarian, G. Becker, P. Gahinet, and H. Kajiwara, “LMI Techniques in Control Engineering from Theory to Practice,” Workshop Notes, IEEE Conf. Decision & Control, 1996.
-  I. Fantoni, A. Zavala, and R. Lozano, “Global stabilization of a PVTOL aircraft with bounded thrust,” Proc. IEEE Conf. Decision and Control, 2002.
-  J. Hauser, S. Sastry, and G. Meyer, “Nonlinear Control Design for Slightly Non-minimum Phase Systems: Application to V/STOL Aircraft,” Automatica, Vol.28, No.4, pp. 665-679, 1992.
-  J. Imura, K. Ieki, M. Saeki, and Y. Wada, “Experiments of twinrotor helicopter model using exact linearization via dynamic state feedback,” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol.66, No.648(C), pp. 160-167, 2000 (in Japanese).
-  R. Lozano, P. Castillo, and A. Dzul, “Global stabilization of the PVTOL: real-time application to a mini-aircraft,” Int. J. Control, Vol.77, No.8, pp. 735-740, 2004.
-  M. Saeki, J. Imura, and Y. Wada, “Flight control design and experiment of a twin rotor helicopter model via 2 step exact linearization,” Proc. of IEEE Conf. Control Applications, pp. 146-151, 1999.
-  R. Sepulchre, M. Jankovic, and P. Kokotovic, “Constructive Nonlinear Control,” Springer-Verlag, pp. 246-249, 1997.
-  A. R. Teel, “Global stabilization and restricted tracking for multiple integrators with bounded controls,” Systems & Control Letters, Vol.18, pp. 165-171, 1992.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2006 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.