Multiaxis Capacitive Force Sensor and its Measurement Principle Using Neural Networks
Seiji Aoyagi, Masaru Kawanishi, and Daiichiro Yoshikawa
Department of Systems Management Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Kansai University, 3-3-35 Yamate-cho, Suita, Osaka 564-8680, Japan
-  T. Maeno, “Structure and Function of Finger Pad and Tactile Receptors,” J. The Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.18, No.6, pp. 767-771, 2000.
-  G. Kinoshita, “Overview of the Basic Research needed to advance the Robotic Tactile Sensors,” J. The Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.2, No.5, pp. 430-437, 1981.
-  M. H. Lee, and H. R. Nicholls, “Tactile Sensing for Mechatronics –A State of the Art Survey–,” Mechatronics, No.9, pp. 1-31, 1999.
-  H. Shinoda, “Tactile Sensing for Dexterous Hand,” J. The Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.18, No.6, pp. 772-775, 2000.
-  M. Ishikawa, and M. Shimojo, “An Imaging Tactile Sensor with Video Output and Tactile Image Processing,” J. Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, Vol.24, No.7, pp. 662-669, 1988.
-  K. Kamiyama, H. Kajimoto, M. Inami, N. Kawakami, and S. Tachi, “Development of A Vision-based Tactile Sensor,” Trans. Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan, Vol.123, No.1, pp. 16-22, 2003.
-  H. Hiraishi, N. Suzuki, M. Kaneko, and K. Tanie, “Profile Detection of Objects by a High-Resolution Tactile Sensor Using a Light Conductive Plate,” J. Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol.55, No.516, pp. 2091-2099, 1989.
-  H. Maekawa, K. Tanie, M. Kaneko, N. Suzuki, C. Horiguchi, and T. Sugawara, “Development of a Finger-Shaped Tactile Sensor Using a Hemispherical Optical Waveguide,” J. Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, Vol.30, No.5, pp. 499-508, 1994.
-  G. T. A. Kovacs, “Micromachined Transducers Sourcebook,” McGraw-Hill, pp. 268-275, 1998.
-  M. Kobayashi, and S. Sagisawa, “Three Direction Sensing Silicon Tactile Sensors,” Trans. Institute Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers, Vol.J74-C-II, No.5, pp. 427-433, 1991.
-  M. Ohka, M. Kobayashi, T. Shinokura, and S. Sagisawa, “Data Processing of Tactile Information for Three-Axis Tactile Sensor,” J. Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol.56, No.531, pp. 2919- 2925, 1990.
-  M. Horie, H. Funabashi, and T. Ozawa, “Development of Three- Axial Force Sensors for Microrobots,” J. Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol.61, No.591, pp. 4563-4568, 1995.
-  A. T. Nguyen, D. V. Dao, T. Toriyama, J. C. Wells, and S. Sugiyama, “Measurement of Loads Acting on a Near-Wall Particle in Turbulent Water Flow by Using a 6-DOF MEMS-Based Sensor,” Proc. Asia-Pacific Conf. Transducers and Micro-Nano Technology, pp. 508-512, 2004.
-  H. Takao, K. Sawada, and M. Ishida, “Multifunctional Smart Tactile-Image Sensor with Integrated Arrays of Strain and Temperature Sensors on Single Air-Pressurized Silicon Diaphragm,” Proc. Transducers ’05, pp. 45-48, 2005.
-  M. Esashi, S. Shoji, A. Yamamoto, and K. Nakamura, “Fabrication of Semiconductor Tactile Imager,” Trans. Institute Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers, Vol.J73-C-II, No.1, pp. 31-37, 1990.
-  B. J. Kane, M. R. Cutkosky, and G. A. Kovacs, “A Tactile Stress Sensor Array for Use in High-Resolution Robotic Tactile Imaging,” J. Microelectromechanical Systems, Vol.9, No.4, 2000.
-  K. Suzuki, K. Najafi, and K. D. Wise, “A 1024-Element High-Performance Silicon Tactile Imager,” IEEE Trans. Electron Devices, Vol.37, No.8, pp. 1852-1860.
-  Y. Maeda, S. Aoyagi, M. Takano, and G. Hashiguchi, “Development of a Micro Tactile Sensor for Robot Application and Its Evaluation,” Proc. Spring Meeting of Japan Society for Precision Engineering, pp. 1121-1122, 2004.
-  J. Izutani, Y. Maeda, and S. Aoyagi, “Development of a Micro Tactile Sensor utilizing Piezoresistors and Characterization of its Performance,” Proc. International Conference on Machine Automation (ICMA2004), pp. 193-196, 2004.
-  S. Aoyagi, T. Tanaka, and K. Makihira, “Recognition of Contact State by using Neural Network for Micromachined Array Type Tactile Sensor,” Int. J. Information Acquisition, Vol.2, No.3, pp. 1-10, 2005.
-  H. Hosaka, K. Itao, and S. Kuroda, “Damping Characteristics of Beam-shaped Micro-oscillators,” Sensors and Actuators, Vol.A49, pp. 87-95, 1995.
-  S. Aoyagi, D. Yoshikawa, K. Makihira, and Y. C. Tai, “Parylene Accelerometer utilizing Spiral Beams,” Tech. Digest the 19th IEEE International Conf. Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS 2006), pp. 630-633, 2006.
-  S. Ino, T. Izumi, and T. Ifukube, “Design of Haptic Interface System based on Sensory Characteristics of Human Hand,” J. Human Interface Society, Vol.1, No.4, pp. 9-17, 1999.
-  E. H. Weber, “The Sense of Touch,” Academic Press, pp. 50-135, 1978.
-  M. Riedmiller, and H. Braun, “A Direct Adaptive Method for Faster Backpropagation Learning: The RPROP Algorithm,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Neural Networks, pp. 586-591, 1993.
-  I. Igarashi, M. Esashi, and H. Fujita, “MicroOptoMechatoronics Handbook,” Asakura Syoten, pp. 210-211, 1997.
-  N. Yazdi, F. Ayazi, and K. Najafi, “Micromachined Inertial Sensors,” Proc. of the IEEE, Vol.86, No.8, pp. 1640-1659, 1998.
-  For example,
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2006 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.