Electromechanical Conversion Mechanism of a Tactile Sensor Using Carbon Micro Coil Inside an Elastic Material
Masato Homma*, Hiroshi Morita*, Takashi Maeno*,
Masashi Konyo**, and Seiji Motojima***
*School of Integrated Design Engineering, Keio University, 3-14-1 Hiyoshi, Kohoku-ku, Yokohama 223-8522, Japan
**Graduate School of Information Sciences, Tohoku University, 6-6-01 Aramaki Aza Aoba, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-8579, Japan
***Faculty of Engineering, Gifu University, 1-1 Yanagido, Gifu 501-1193, Japan
-  D. R. Howe, and M. R. Cutkosky, “Sensing Skin Acceleration for Slip and Texture,” Proc. IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 145-150, 1989.
-  D. Yamada, T. Maeno, and Y. Yamada, “Artificial Finger Skin having Ridges and Distributed Tactile Sensors used Grasp Force Control,” Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.14, No.2, pp. 140-146, 2002.
-  Y. Mukaibo, H. Shirado, M. Konyo, and T. Maeno, “Development of a Texture Sensor Emulating the Tissue Structure and Perceptual Mechanism of Human Fingers,” Proc. IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2576-2581, 2005
-  H. Shinoda, K. Matsumoto, and S. Ando, “Acoustic Resonant Tensor Cell for Tactile Sensing,” Proc. IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3087-3092, 1997.
-  M. Shimojo, A. Namiki, M. Ishikawa, R. Makino, and K. Mabuchi, “A Tactile Sensor Sheet Using Pressure Conductive Rubber With Electrical-Wires Stitched Method,” IEEE SENSORS JOURNAL, Vol.4, No.5, pp. 589-596, 2004.
-  S. Yamamoto, T. Suzuki, and O. Nakao, “Touch-mode Capacitive Pressure Sensor,” Fujikura engineering report, No.101, pp. 71-74, 2001.
-  M. Ohka, H. Kobayashi, and Y. Mitsuya, “Sensing Characteristics of an Optical Three-axis Tactile Sensor Mounted on a Multifingered Robotic Hand,” International Conference on Manufacturing, Machine Design and Tribology, 2005.
-  M. Tanaka, H. Hayashi, and J.-L. Leveque, “Development of a Haptic Sensor for Monitoring Skin Conditions,” Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol.69, No.685, pp. 157-164, 2003.
-  K. Kaneto, M. Tsuruta, and S. Motojima, “Electrical Transport of Carbon Micro Coils,” Transactions on Fundamentals and Materials, Vol.118-A, No.12, pp. 1425-1428, 1998.
-  C. Kuzuya, A. Ueda, and K. Kawabe, “Application of CMC to Tactile Sensor,” Materials Integration, Vol.17, No.8, pp. 9-16, 2004.
-  Y. Sano, and M. Shimojo, “Study on the design of electrodes for pressure sensor using pressure conductive rubber,” The Japanese journal of ergonomics, Vol.26, No.Suppl., pp. 108-109.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2006 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.