Thermal Tactile Presentation Based on Prediction of Contact Temperature
Akio Yamamoto* , Hiroaki Yamamoto* , Benjamin Cros* ,
Hironori Hashimoto*,**, and Toshiro Higuchi*
*Department of Precision Engineering, University of Tokyo, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656, Japan
**Hitachi Co., Ltd., Japan
-  D. G. Caldwell, and C. Gosney, “Enhanced tactile feedback (teletaction) using a multi-functional sensory system,” Proc. ICRA 1993, pp. 955-960, 1993.
-  S. Ino, S. Shimizu, T. Odagawa, M. Sato, M. Takahashi, T. Izumi, and T. Ifukube, “A tactile display for presenting quality of materials by changing the temperature of skin surface,” Proc. Second IEEE International Workshop on Robot and Human Communication, pp. 220-224, 1993.
-  K. Matsumoto, and S. Yamamoto, “Enhancement of an Object Display – Thermal Tactile Display (Original title in Japanese: Buttai Display no Koudoka – Ondo-Shokkaku Display),” Proc. 2002 Autumn meeting of Japan Society for Precision Engineering, pp. 682-683, 2002 (in Japanese).
-  M. B. Kohdja, M. Hafez, J. M. Alexandre, and A. Kheddar, “Thermal feedback interface requirements for virtual reality,” Proc. Euro-Haptics 2003, pp. 438-443, 2003.
-  B. Cros, A. Yamamoto, and T. Higuchi, “Simulation and analysis of the perception of the temperature factor for virtual reality applications,” SICE System Integration Division Annual Conference, Vol.2, pp. 409-410, 2002.
-  A. Yamamoto, B. Cros, H. Hashimoto, and T. Higuchi, “Control of thermal tactile display based on prediction of contact temperature,” Proc. 2004 IEEE International Conference on Robotics & Automation (ICRA 2004), pp. 1536-1541, 2004.
-  D. R. Kenshalo, C. E. Holmes, and P. B. Wood, “Warm and cold thresholds as a function of rate of stimulus change,” Perception and psychophysics, Vol.3, pp. 81-84, 1968.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2006 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.