Tail-Actuator Propulsion Device for Aquatic Robot
Andrea Manuello Bertetto, and Maurizio Ruggiu
Dipartimento di Ingegneria Meccanica, University of Cagliari, Piazza D’Armi, 1-09123 Cagliari
-  J. Gray, “Studies in Animal Locomotion, VI. The propulsive Powers of the Dolphin,” Journal of Experimental Biology, Vol.13, pp. 192-199, 1936.
-  M. J. Lighthill, “Aquatic Animal Propulsion of High Hydromechanical Efficiency,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Vol.44, pp. 265-301, 1970.
-  M. Sfakiotakis, D. M. Lane, and J. B. C. Davies, “Review of fish swimming modes for aquatic locomotion,” IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, Vol.24, pp. 237-252, 1999.
-  B. G. Tong, “Propulsive mechanism of fish’s undaootry motion,” Mechanics in Engineering, Vol.22, pp. 69-74, 2000.
-  M. S. Triantafyllou, and G. S. Triantafyllou, “An efficient swimming machine,” Scientific American, pp. 64-70, 1995.
-  M. Sfakiotakis, D. M. Lane, and J. B. C. Davies, “An experimental undulating-fin device using the Parallel Bellows Actuator,” Proceedings of the 2001 IEEE Conference on Robotics and Automation, Seoul, Korea, pp. 2356-2360, May, 2001.
-  A. Costamagna, M. Carello, C. Ferraresi, and A. Manuello Bertetto, “Flexible pneumatic actuators fir underwater robot,” Proceedings of the 3rd FPNI-PHD Symposium Fluid Power, Terrassa, Spain, pp. 59-66, June, 2004.
-  J. Yu, S. Wang, and M. Tan, “A simplified propulsive model of biomimetic robot fish and its realization,” Robotica, Vol.23, pp. 101-107, 2005.
-  K. A. Harper, M. D. Berkemeier, and S. Grace, “Modeling the dynamics of spring-driven oscillating-foil propulsion,” IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, Vol.23, pp. 285-296, 1998.
-  S. D. Kelly, and R. M. Murray, “Modelling efficient pisciform swimming for control,” International Journal Robust and Nonlinear Control, Vol.10, pp. 217-241, 2000.
-  A. Manuello Bertetto, and M. Ruggiu, “A novel fluidic bellow manipulator,” Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.16, No.6, pp. 604-612, 2004.
-  Working Model 2D User’s Manual, MSC Working Knowledge, 2000.
-  A. Manuello Bertetto, B. Picasso, and M. Ruggiu, “Fish and ships: can fish inspired propulsion outperform traditional propeller based systems?” Proceedings of the Conference Marine Technology IV, Szczecin, Poland, pp. 279-287, 2001.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2006 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.