Feed Rate Control Using Fuzzy Reasoning for a Mold Polishing Robot
Fusaomi Nagata*, and Keigo Watanabe**
*Fukuoka Industrial Technology Center, 3-6-1 Norimatsu, Yahatanishi, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka 807-0831, Japan
**Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Saga University, 1 Honjomachi, Saga 840-8502, Japan
-  F. Nagata, K. Watanabe, and K. Izumi, “Furniture Polishing Robot Using a Trajectory Generator Based on Cutter Location Data,” Procs. of IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 319-324, 2001.
-  F. Nagata, K. Watanabe, Y. Fujimoto et al., “3D Machining and Finishing System for New Designed Furniture,” Procs. of the 2002 Japan-USA Symposium on Flexible Automation, pp. 1239-1245, 2002.
-  F. Ozaki, M. Jinno, T. Yoshimi et al., “Force Controlled Finishing Robot System with a Task-Directed Robot Language,” Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.7, No.5, pp. 383-388, 1995.
-  D. M. Gorinevsky, A. M. Formalsky, and A. YU. Schneider, “Force Control of Robotics Systems,” CRC Press, 1997.
-  F. Pfeiffer, H. Bremer, and J. Figueiredo, “Surface Polishing with Flexible Link Manipulators,” European Journal of Mechanics, A/Solids, 15, 1, pp. 137-153, 1996.
-  Y. Takeuchi, D. Ge, and N. Asakawa, “Automated Polishing Process with a Human-like Dexterous Robot,” Procs. of IEEE International Conference Robotics and Automation, pp. 950-956, 1993.
-  P. R. Pagilla, and B. Yu, “Robotic Surface Finishing Processes: Modeling, Control, and Experiments,” ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, 123, pp. 93-102, 2001.
-  F. Nagata, Y. Kusumoto, K. Watanabe et al., “Development of a Hybrid Motion/Force Control Strategy for Ball End Abrasive Tools and Its Application to Polishing Robots for PET Bottle Molds,” Journal of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, 70, 1, pp. 59-64, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  F. Nagata, K. Watanabe, Y. Kusumoto et al., “Generation of Normalized Tool Vector from 3-Axis CL Data and Its Application to a Mold Polishing Robot,” Procs. of IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 3971-3976, 2004.
-  J. J. Craig, “Introduction to ROBOTICS –Mechanics and Control Second Edition–,” Addison Wesley Publishing Co., 1989.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2006 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.