Development of Space Environment Preservation System Using Robot
Kazuo Machida*, and Toshiaki Iwata**
*The University of Tokyo, 4-6-1 Komaba, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 153-8904, Japan
**AIST, 1-1-1 Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8568, Japan
-  N. L. Johnson, “Monitoring and Controlling Debris in Space,” Scientific American, Aug., 1998.
-  W. Brimley, D. Brown, and B. Cox, “Overview of International Robot Design for Space Station Freedom,” Teleoperation and Robotics in Space, Vol.161, Progress in Astronautics and Aeronautics, AIAA, pp. 411-441, 1994.
-  D. King, “Space Servicing: Past, Present and Future,” Proc. of i-SAIRAS 2001, Quebec, Canada, June, 2001 (CD-ROM).
-  M. D. Rhodes, and R. W. Will, “Verification Tests of Automated Robotic Assembly of Space Truss Structure,” J. of Spacecraft and Rockets, Vol.32, No.4, pp. 686-696, 1995.
-  K. Senda, and Y. Murotsu, “Hardware Experiments of a Truss Assembly by an Autonomous Space Learning Robot,” J. of Spacecraft and Rockets, Vol.39, No.2, pp. 267-273, 2002.
-  K. Machida, Y. Toda, and T. Iwata, “Sensor-based Proximity Operation of an Astronaut Reference Flying Robot,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.9, No.6, pp. 653-673, 1995.
-  P. Jasiobedzki, M. Greenspan, and G. Roth, “Pose Determination and Tracking for Autonomous Satellite Capture,” Proc. i-SAIRAS’01, Quebec, Canada, June, 2001 (CD-ROM).
-  N. Inaba, M. Oda, and M. Hayashi, “Visual Servoing of Space Robot for Autonomous Satellite Capture,” Trans. Japan Soc. Aero Space Sci., Vol.46-153, pp. 173-179, 2003.
-  M. Oda, “Experience and Lessons Learned from ETS-VII Robot Satellite,” Proc. of 2000 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, San Francisco, CA, April, 2000, pp. 914-919.
-  K. Machida, “Space Test of Sensor-Fused Telerobotics for High-Precision Tasks,” J. of Spacecraft and Rockets, Vol.41, No.1, pp. 132-139, 2004.
-  M. A. Diftler, and R. O. Ambrose, “Robonaut: A Robotic Astronaut Assistant,” Proc. i-SAIRAS’01, Quebec, Canada, June, 2001 (CD-ROM).
-  M. Kassebom, “Roger – An Advanced Solution for a Geostationary Service Satellite,” Proc. of Int. Astronautical Congress 2003, IAC-03-U.1.02, LasVegas, Nevada, 2003.
-  S. Nishida, T. Takegai, Y. Ohi, K. Machida, Y. Toda, and T. Iwata, “Prototype of an End-Effector for a Space Inspection Robot,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.15, No.3, pp. 279-285, 2001.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2006 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.