Identification and State Evaluation Based on Frontal Views of Walkers
Akio Nozawa*, Tota Mizuno*, Masafumi Uchida**,
Hisaya Tanaka***, and Hideto Ide*
*Department of Electronics and Electric Engineering, College of Science and Engineering, Aoyama Gakuin University, 5-10-1 Fuchinobe, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 229-8558, Japan
**Department of Electronic Engineering, The University of Electro-communications, 1-5-1 Chofu-Ga-Oka, Chofu, Tokyo 182-8585, Japan
***Kogakuin University, 1-24-2 Nishi-shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 163-8677, Japan
-  M. Tanaka, M. Nakamura, T. Watanabe, and M. Kanamoto, “Analysis of Walking Motion,” Research bulletin of physical education, Vol.2, 2(7), pp. 111-118, 1979 (In Japanese).
-  J. Cutting, and L. Kozlowski, “Recognizing friends by their walk: Gait perception without familiarity cues,” Bulletin of the Psychonomic Society, Vol.9, pp. 353-356, 1977.
-  C. Barclay, J. Cutting, and L. Kozlowski, “Temporal and spatial factors in gait perception that influence gender recognition,” Perception Psychophysics, Vol.23, No.2, pp. 145-152, 1978.
-  H. Murase, “Recognizing Individuals from Silhouettes of Their Walk,” The Journal of The Institute of Electonics, Information and Communication Engineers, Vol.J75-D-II, No.6, pp. 1096-1098, 1992.
-  S. Maeda, M. Okamoto, T. Kawahara, M. Minoh, K. Ikeda, and S. Doshita, “Individual Identification by Integrating Facial Image, Walking Image and Vocal Feature,” IEICE Trans. on Information & Systems, Vol.79-D-II, No.4, pp. 600-607, 1996 (In Japanese).
-  K. Sudo, J. Yamato, A. Tomono, and K. Ishii, “Fusing Multiple Sensor Information for a Gender Determining System,” IEICE Trans. on Information & Systems, Vol.83-D-II, No.8, pp. 882-890, 2000 (In Japanese).
-  A. Fukuyama, M. Sawaki, H. Murase, and N. Hagita, “Age Estimation form Dynamic Factures of Gait,” The Journal of The Institute of Electonics, Information and Communication Engineers, Vol.J84-D-II, No.7, pp. 1522-1526, 2001.
-  Y. Wang, M. Yin, Y. Shibata, Y. Itasaka, W. H. Wong, and K. Ishikawa, “Gait Abnormalities Revealed by Irregularity of Foot Pressure Progression and Trajectories of Center of Force in Patients with Vestibular System Disorders,” Equilib Res, Vol.62, No.3, pp. 205-211, 2003.
-  K. Sato, Y. Mimura, H. Onodera, and T. Ishikawa, “Occlusion and Erect Bipedal Walk Part 1 Reconstruction of Occlusion and Erect Bipedal Walk,” Occlusion and Health, Vol.7, No.2, pp. 114-123, 2001.
-  H. Inooka, T. Ishihara, T. Ono, Y. Ohotaki, and R. Nagatomi, “Study on Stability Assessment of Elderly Walking Utilizing Portable,” DESCENTE SPORTS SCIENCE, Vol.24, pp. 61-67, 2003 (In Japanese).
-  T. Takeuchi, A. Nozawa, H. Tanaka, and H. Ide, “The Method of Visualizing Feeling of Pleasantness and Arousal Based on the Sensitive Matrix on Real Time,” IEEJ Trans. EIS, Vol.123-C, No.8, pp. 1512-1513, 2003 (In Japanese).
-  K. Nagumo, H. Zenju, A. Nozawa, H. Ide, and H. Tanaka, “Evaluation of Temporary Arousal Level using Thermogram Images,” 19th Sensing Forum, Vol.2, pp. 95-98, 2002 (In Japanese).
-  H. Zenju, K. Nagumo, A. Nozawa, H. Tanaka, and H. Ide, “The Estimation of Unpleasant and Pleasant States by Nasal Thermogram,” Forum on Information Technology, Vol.3, pp. 459-460, 2002 (In Japanese).
-  T. Horigome, H. Tanaka, and H. Ide, “Individual Identification by Spatial Frequency Feature of the Facial Skin Thermogram,” T.IEE JAPAN, Vol.122-C, No.9, pp. 1645-1650, 2002 (In Japanese).
-  A. Nozawa, and H. Ide, “Study on Individual and Gender Identification by Nasal Solid Model,” IEEJ Trans. EIS, Vol.124-C, No.6, pp. 1332-1333, 2004 (In Japanese).
-  K. Yabe, “Science of Fatigue and Stamina,” Kodansha, pp. 27-57, 1986 (In Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2006 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.