Classification of Motion Constraints by Explorative Manipulation by a Compliant Multi-Fingered Hand
Ryo Fukano*, Yasuo Kuniyoshi*, Takuya Otani**,
Takumi Kobayashi*, and Nobuyuki Otsu***
*The University of Tokyo, Engr. Bldg.8, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656, Japan
**The University of Tokyo, Currently with Toshiba
***National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, The University of Tokyo
-  Y. Kuniyoshi, M. Inaba, and H. Inoue, “Learning by watching: Extracting reusable task knowledge from visual observation of human performance,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, Vol.10, No.6, pp. 799-821, 1994.
-  K. Ikeuchi, and T. Suehiro, “Toward an assembly plan from observation part i: Task recognition with polyhedral objects,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, Vol.10, No.3, pp. 368-385, 1994.
-  R. Pfeifer, and C. Scheier, “Understanding Intelligence,” The MIT Press, 1999.
-  K. Honda, T. Hasegawa, T. Kiriki, and T. Matsuoka, “Real-Time Pose Estimation of an Object Manipulated by a Multi-Fingered Hand Using 3-D Stereo Vision and Tactile Sensing,” In Proc. 1998 IEEE/RSJ Int. conf. Intellignt Robots and Systems, pp. 1814-1819, 1998.
-  Y. Yokokohji, M. Sakamoto, and T. Yoshikawa, “Object Manipulation by Soft Fingers and Vision,” In Preprints of the 9th International Symposium of Robotics research, pp. 297-304, 1999.
-  R. S. Fearing, “Implementing a Force Strategy for Object Reorientation,” In IEEE Conf. on Robotic and Automation, pp. 96-102, 1986.
-  R. S. Fearing, “Simplified grasping and manipulation with dextrous robot hands,” IEEE Journal of Robotics and Automation, Vol.2, No.4, pp. 188-195, 1986.
-  R. Tomovic, and G. Boni, “An adaptive artificial hand,” IRE Trans. Automatic Control, Vol.AC-7, No.3, pp. 3-10, 1962.
-  S. C. Jacobsen, E. K. Iversen, R. T. Johnson, and K. B. Biggers, “Design of the utah/m.i.t. dextrous hand,” In IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1520-1532, 1986.
-  T. Mouri, H. Kawasaki, K. Yoshikawa, J. Takai, and S. Ito, “Anthropomorphic robot hand: Gifu hand iii,” In Proc. of Int. Conf. ICCAS2002, pp. 1288-1293, 2002.
-  M. Umetsu, N. Afzulpurkar, Y. Kuniyoshi, and T. Suehiro, “Implemention of a distributed controller for the rwc dexterous hand,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol.18, pp. 13-19, 1996.
-  S. Hirose, and S. Ma, “Coupled tendon-driven multijoint manipulator,” In Proc. ICRA, California, pp. 1268-1275, 1991.
-  N. Otsu, and T. Kurita, “A new scheme for practical flexible and inteligent vision systems,” In Proc. IAPR Workshop on Computer Vision, pp. 431-435, 1988.
-  D. Comaniciu, and P. Meer, “Mean Shift: A Robust Approach Toward Feature Space Analysis,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.24, No.5, pp. 603-619, 2002.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2005 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.