Development of Nanometer Flying-Height Slider for Small Magnetic Disk Drives
Yoshinori Takeuchi*, and Katsuyuki Tanaka**
*Slider Engineering Department, Hitachi Global Storage Technologies, 2880 Kozu, Odawara-shi, Kanagawa 256-8510, Japan
**Department of Mechanical System Engineering, School of Engineering, University of Shiga Prefecture, 2500 Hassaka-cho, Hikone-shi, Shiga 522-8533, Japan
-  K. Tanaka, Y. Takeuchi, T. Odaka, and Y. Saitoh, “Preliminary Study on Some Shapes and Characteristics of Air Bearing Slider with Uniform Flying Height for Magnetic Disk Drive with Swingtype Actuator,” ASME, Adv. Info. and Storage Systems, Vol.9, pp. 93-108, 1998.
-  K. Tanaka, Y. Takeuchi, T. Odaka, H. Daitoh, and Y. Miyake, “Analytical Stability Criteria for Gas-Lubricated Sliders for Magnetic Disk Drive,” Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers, Vol.32, No.4, pp. 447-452, 1989.
-  K. Tanaka, Y. Takeuchi, T. Odaka, Y. Saitoh, and T. Nakamura, “Some Unique Phenomena of Negative Pressure Type Slider with Reverse Step Bearings,” STLE, SP-22, pp. 21-25, 1987.
-  T. Odaka, K. Tanaka, and Y. Takeuchi, “New Method for Evaluation of the Ultra-Thin Air Film Spacing between Head Slider and Disk Surface on Magnetic Disk Files (General Description of Problem and Solving Method),” ASME-ISPS/JSME-IIP Joint Conference (IIP/ISPS Joint MIPE’03), June 16-18, 2003, Yokohama, PMC-04, pp. 365-366.
-  Y. Takeuchi, K. Tanaka, T. Odaka, and F. Muranushi, “Examination of Flying Height of Magnetic Head Slider in Simulations and Measurements at Nanometer-Order Spacing,” ASME-ISPS/JSMEIIP Joint Conference (IIP/ISPS Joint MIPE’03), June 16-18, 2003, Yokohama, P-HDI-02, pp. 343-344.
-  Y. Takeuchi, K. Mori, M. Matsumoto, H. Agari, J. Shimizu, E. Togawa, Y. Kojima, M. Tokuyama, H. Tokisue, H. Kohira, Y. Saitoh, H. Takahashi, and Y. Shiroishi, “Magnetic Head Slider,” United States Patent, No.5430591, 1995.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2005 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.