Angle Detection Methods for a CMOS Smart Rotary Encoder
Kazuhiro Nakano*, Toru Takahashi***, and Shoji Kawahito**
*Graduate School of Electronic Science and Technology, Shizuoka University, 3-5-1 Johoku, Hamamatsu, Shizuoka 432-8011, Japan
**Research Institute of Electronics, Shizuoka University, 3-5-1 Johoku, Hamamatsu, Shizuoka 432-8011, Japan
***R&D Center, NTN Corporation, 1578 Higashi-Kaizuka, Iwata, Shizuoka 438-8510, Japan
-  A. Häberli et al., “Two-Dimensional Magnetic Microsensor with On-Chip Signal Processing for Contactless Angle Measurement,” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, Vol.31, No.12, pp. 1902-1907, 1996.
-  K. Nakano, T. Takahashi, and S. Kawahito, “A CMOS Smart Rotary Encoder Using Magnetic Sensor Arrays,” IEEE SENSORS 2003, pp. 206-209, 2003.
-  J. Lau, P. K. Ko, and P. C. H. Chan, “Modelling of split-drain magnetic field-effect transistor (MAGFET),” Sensors and Actuators A49, pp. 155-162, 1995.
-  S. Kawahito et al., “An Integrated MOS Magnetic Sensor with Chopper-Stabilized Amplifier,” Sensors and Materials, Vol.8, pp. 001-012, 1996.
-  A. Nathan, A. M. J. Huiser, and H. P. Baltes, “Two-Dimensional Numerical Modeling of Magnetic-Field Sensors in CMOS Technology,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, Vol.ED-32, No.7, pp. 1212-1219, 1985.
-  H. P. Baltes, and R. S. Popović, “Integrated Semiconductor Magnetic Field Sensors,” Proceedings of The IEEE, Vol.74, No.8, pp. 1107-1132, 1986.
-  J. J. Clark, “Split-drain MOSFET Magnetic Sensor Arrays,” Sensors and Actuators A, Vol.24, pp. 107-116, 1990.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2005 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.