A 2.7 Gcps and 7-Multiplexing CDMA Serial Communication Chip for Real-Time Robot Control with Multiprocessors
Mitsuru Shiozaki, Toru Mukai, Masahiro Ono,
Mamoru Sasaki, and Atsushi Iwata
Hiroshima University, 1-3-1 Kagamiyama, Higashihiroshima-shi, Hiroshima 739-8530, Japan
Intelligent robot control using multiprocessors, sensors, and actuators requires real-time flexible networks for communicating various types of real-time data, e.g., sensing data and interrupt signals. Furthermore, serial data transfer is required for implementing the network using a few wiring lines. To meet these requirements, we propose a CDMA serial communication interface utilizing novel two-step synchronization. The transmitter and receiver chip fabricated with 0.25μm digital CMOS technology achieved 2.7Gcps (chips per second) and 7-multiplex communication. The experimental interface board was developed for demonstrating flexible transfer of multiimage data by installing CDMA chips in addition to an FPGA.
Mamoru Sasaki, and Atsushi Iwata, “A 2.7 Gcps and 7-Multiplexing CDMA Serial Communication Chip for Real-Time Robot Control with Multiprocessors,” J. Robot. Mechatron., Vol.17, No.4, pp. 463-468, 2005.
-  N. Yamasaki, “Design and Implementation of Real-time Communication Responsive Link for Distributed Control,” Information Processing Society of Japan Journal, Vol.45, No.SIG 3(ACS 5), pp. 50-63, Mar. 2004.
-  M. Shiozaki et al., “CDMA Communication Chips for Highly Flexible Robot Brain,” SICE System Integration Division Annual Conference, 1D3-5, p. 76, Dec. 2003.
-  R. Yoshimura et al., “DS-CDMA Wired Bus with Simple Interconnection Topology for Parallel Processing System LSIs,” ISSCC Digest of Tech. Papers, pp. 370-371, Feb. 2000.
-  Z. Xu et al., “A 2.7Gb/s CDMA-Interconnect Transceiver Chip Set with Multi-Level Signal Data Recovery for Re-configurable VLSI System,” ISSCC Digest of Technical Papers, pp. 82-83, Feb. 2003.
-  M. Shiozaki et al., “A 2Gbps and 7-multiplexing CDMA Serial Receiver Chip for Highly Flexible Robot Control System,” Symposium on VLSI Circuits, Digest of Technical Paper, pp. 194-197, Jun. 2004.
-  M. Shiozaki et al., “A 2Gbps and 7-multiplexing CDMA Serial Receiver Chip for Highly Flexible Robot Control System,” Technical Report of IEICE, SDM2004-136, ICD2004-78, pp. 97-102, 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Copyright© 2005 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.