Design and Implementation of the Multimedia Operation Mechanism for Responsive Multithreaded Processor
Tsutomu Itou*, and Nobuyuki Yamasaki**
*School of Science for Open and Environmental Systems, Keio University, Yokohama, Kanagawa 223-8522, Japan
**Department of Information and Computer Science, Keio University, Yokohama, Kanagawa 223-8522, Japan
-  N. Yamasaki, “Design concept of responsive multithreaded processor for distributed real-time control,” Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.16, No.2, pp. 194-199, 2004.
-  N. Yamasaki, “Design and implementation of responsive processor for parallel/distributed control and its development environment,” Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.13, No.2, pp. 125-133, 2001.
-  S. J. Eggers, J. S. Emer, H. M. Levy, J. L. Lo, R. L. Stamm, and D. M. Tullsen, “Simultaneous multithreading: A platform for nextgeneration processors,” IEEE Micro, Vol.17, No.5, pp. 12-19, 1997.
-  D. M. Tullsen, S. J. Eggers, and H. M. Levy, “Simultaneous multithreading: Maximizing on-chip parallelism,” In Proceedings of the 22nd Annual International Symposium on Computer Architecture, 1995.
-  M. Utiyama, T. Itou, J. Sato, N. Yamasaki, and Y. Anzai, “A new processor architecture for real-time systems,” In IFAC Conference on New Technologies for Computer Control 2001, 2001.
-  H. Oehring, U. Sigmund, and T. Ungerer, “Simultaneous multithreading and multimedia,” In MTEAC 99, 1999.
-  S. K. Raman, V. Pentkovski, and J. Keshave, “Implementing Streaming SIMD Extensions on the PentiumIII Processor,” IEEE Micro, Vol.20, No.4, pp. 47-57, 2000.
-  K. Diefendorff, P. K. Dubey, R. Hochsprung, and H. Scales, “Altivec Extension to PowerPC Accelerates Media Processing,” IEEE Micro, Vol.20, No.2, pp. 85-95, 2000.
-  R. Espasa, F. Ardanaz, J. Emer, S. Felix, J. Gago, R. Gramunt, I. Hernandez, T. Juan, G. Lowney, M. Mattina, and A. Seznec, “Tarantula: A Vector Extension to the Alpha Architecture,” In Proceedings of the 29th Annual International Symposium of Computer Architecture, pp. 281-292, May 2002.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2005 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.