An Underactuated Manipulation Method Using a Mechanical Gravity Canceller
Yoshiki Ono, and Toshio Morita
Keio University, 3-14-1 Hiyoshi, Yokohama 223-8522, Japan
This paper propose a method, to stabilize the arbitrary posture of a distal link by generating and erasing equilibrium points in passive joints of a vertical planar underactuated manipulator with an active joint in the base. A vertical planar three-DOF manipulator combining a passive two-DOF mechanical gravity canceller and an active base joint was developed. Experimental results demonstrate the effectiveness of this method.
-  K. J. Astrom, and K. Furuta, “Swinging up a pendulum by energy control,” Automatica, Vol.36, pp. 287-295, 2000.
-  M. Song, “The swing up control problem for the acrobot,” IEEE Control Systems Magazine, Vol.15, No.1, pp. 49-55, 1995.
-  T. Suzuki, and Y. Nakamura, “Control of Nonholonomic Free-Joint manipulators with One Actuator,” Proc. of the 2000 IEEE/IROS, Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 127-132, 2000.
-  H. Arai, “Controllability of a 3-dof manipulator with a passive joint under a nonholonomic constraint,” Proc. of the 1996 IEEE/ICRA, Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3707-3713, 1996.
-  T. Morita, F. Kuribara, Y. Shiozawa, and S. Sugano, “A Novel Mechanism Design for Gravity Compensation in Three Dimensional Space,” Proc. of the 2003 IEEE/ASME, Int. Conf. on AIM, pp. 163-168, 2003.
Copyright© 2004 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.