Development of Wearable Chair Using Pneumatic Passive Elements
Takashi Mitsuda, Masato Wakabayashi, and Sadao Kawamura
Ritsumeikan University, 1-1-1 Nojihigashi, Kusatsu, Shiga 525-8577, Japan
-  H. Kawamoto, and Y. Sankai, “Power Assist System HAL-3 for Gait Disorder Person,” Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Computers Helping People with Special Needs, pp. 196-203, 2002.
-  K. Yamamoto, K. Hyodo, M. Ishii and T. Matsuo, “Development of Power Assisting Suit for Assisting Nurse Labor,” JSME Int. J. Series C1, Vol.45, No.3, pp. 703-711, 2002.
-  G. Belforte, L. Gastaldi, and M. Sorli, “Pneumatic Active Gait Orthosis,” Mechatronics, Vol.11, No.3, pp. 301-323, 2001.
-  S. Kawamura,Y. Hayakawa, M. Tamai, and T. Shimizu, “A Design of Motion-Support Robots for Human Arms Using Hexahedron Rubber Actuators,” Proc of the 1997 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Root and Systems, Vol.3, pp. 1520-1526, 1997.
-  T. Yonezawa, K. Fujimoto, N. Matsumoto, H. Han, T. Isaka, and S. Kawamura, “Development of the Orthosis to Enhance Jumping Ability,” Proc.of the 18th Annual Conference of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.1, pp. 471-471, 2000 (in Japanese).
-  S. Gharooni, B. Heller, and M. O. Tokhi, “A New Hybrid Spring Brake Orthosis for Controlling Hip and Knee Flexion in the Swing Phase,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, Vol.9, No.1, pp. 106-107, 2001.
-  M. Goldfarb, and W. K. Durfee, “Design of a Controlled-Brake Orthosis for FES-Aided Gait,” IEEE Transactions on Rehabilitation Engineering, Vol.4, No.1, pp. 13-24, 1996.
-  S. Nakagaki, N. Takesue, J. Furusho, T. Tsuda, A. Nakagawa, and M. Morimoto, “Characteristic Experiments of Linear MR Brake for Intelligent Prosthetic Ankle Joint,” 2003 JSME Conference on Robotics and Mechatronics, CD-ROM, 2003 (in Japanese).
-  M. Messner, and A. Davari, “Hydraulically Dampended Knee Flexion Orthosis,” Proc of the 1993 IEEE 19th Ann Northeast Bioengineering Conference, pp. 119-120, 1993.
-  K. Nakatani, “Development of NI-C111 Type Intelligent Prosthesis Knee Joint,” Nabco Engineering Reports, No.82, pp. 20-28, 1997 (in Japanese).
-  T. Mitsuda, S. Kuge, M. Wakabayashi, and S. Kawamura, “Wearable Force Display Using a Particle Mechanical Constraint,” Presence, Vol.11, No.6, pp. 569-577, 2002.
-  S. Kawamura, T. Yamamoto, D. Ishida, T. Ogata, Y. Nakayama, O.Tabata, and S. Sugiyama, “Development of Passive Elements with Variable Mechanical Impedance for Wearable Robots,” Proc. of International Conference on Robotics & Automation, pp. 248-253, Washington DC, May 2002.
-  T. Mitsuda, M. Wakabayashi, and S. Kawamura, “Development of an Upper-Limb Training Orthosis Using Particle Mechanical Constraints,” 2003 JSME Conference on Robotics and Mechatronics, CD-ROM, 2003 (in Japanese).
-  T. Mitsuda, “The Miniaturization of the Air Pressure Generation System,” Proc.of the 21th Annual Conference of the Robotics Society of Japan, CD-ROM, 2003 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2004 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.